Koodo Community

Community

App feature data notification

On your iOS app add a function that displays the percent of data used on the app icon on the home screen.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Gavin Not sure this is possible within the ios ecosystem
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe not on the app icon but a possibility would be to create a widget of sorts that would be available in your notification bar.
Koodo is looking to scrap their app anyways as not many use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Gavin, to be honest we are looking at likely discontinuing the app. There are few users and decrease every day since we introduces shock-free-data plans. Now, people no longer check their usage as often since we send them notifications and pause their use once all the data is used up. Most of our customers now use our mobile friendly website which is just as easy as the app and comes with tons more functionality. You can look up your tab balance, change plans etc. Maintaining an app costs hundreds of thousands dollars a year and if there is little benefit to have 2 different ecosystems we would likely want to simplify things. Both for us and customers. Still appreciate the suggestion! :-) 
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

@ Gavin, to be honest we are looking at likely discontinuing the app. There are few users and dec...

While I like the idea of discontinuing the app, I can see a lot of kickback on that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Gavin, to be honest we are looking at likely discontinuing the app. There are few users and dec...

What do you mean? People who use it won't like it? If yes, indeed i fully anticipate that. Humans don't take well to change. Of any kind.:-) Than again if we can demonstrate that marking out self serve site as a favourite and adding it to the home screen is very easy, once they overcome that and give it a chance they will see the benefits.
Bernard wrote:

I understand no longer need to check data because of your shock free we won't get over and be charged, but I was more thinking just seeing how much data I'm using so I can ration my usage It out over the month so I'm not stuck the last week of the month restricting my day at usage because I watched too many YouTube videos at the beginning of the month. But I understand if there is poor usage of two products that you are paying to keep running better to consolidate to just one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Bernard, I think you guys are getting ripped off if you are paying "hundreds of thousands dollars a year" to maintain the app.  For that amount of money, I expect new features added every 6 months
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

We are actually getting a "deal".  I don't think the public is well versed in the details of the cost and the assumption is that it's a standalone app with "plumbing" behind it. It's the platform that companies like ours pay for, with real time dips into backend systems etc. Lot more complicated that candy crush. :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

If your hundreds of thousands dollars includes all the backend systems and self serve then I guess it is a reasonable cost