Koodo Community

Community

Alerts and Better Plans

1. Koodo NEEDS to have alerts for people who are reaching or have reached their plan limits. If they can set alerts for data, I am beyond certain a little more money can be invested in developing a code to send out alerts to individual who are about to surpass the minutes or texts. My family and I have come across this problem this past month. People may not have the time to track their minutes to make sure if they have crossed their minutes or not. Some may be able to, but what about the otherÉ 2. What happened to shared plans? - Re-introduce shared plans. At least for minutes. I am pretty certain there is no shelf life for a koodo plan if there is only a 20% demand for the plan. A shared plan within the same account for 2-3 phones, sharing how ever many minutes the account holder would like. For example: $5 for 100 mins, $10 for 200 mins $ 15 for 300 mins. Koodo would still be able to cover operating costs with those plans. 3. Build a plan: How about running a beta test for a month by letting individuals build a plan. Maybe run the test close to Christmas season and let individuals create their own plan. Have set yet AFFORDABLE rates, and I cannot emphasize enough the AFFORDABLE part. Let them choose their minutes and text messages and then data and any other add-ons such as voice-mail etc. Offer minutes packages like specified above for individual plans AND shared plans, and then $5 for unlimited text messages, $10 for 500MB? If anyone does create a package with 200 minutes, unlimited messaging, and 500 MB data they pay only $25. CAN YOU COMPREHEND THE DEMAND FOR A PLAN LIKE THAT. ALL MOBILE CUSTOMERS OF EACH AND EVERY CELLULAR SERVICE PROVIDER (EXCEPT FOR WIND) IS GETTING RIPPED OFF AND IS BEYOND FRUSTRATED WITH THE RIDICULOUSLY HIGH CHARGES RIGHT NOW FOR SHITTY PLANS (I apologize for the language). My dad has a $15 plan that he bought back in 2009, where is that gone? Show us how expensive it is to run a mobile service and we we accept the high costs. Thank you for reading it 🙂 Koodo, you guys have never let me down, except for the weird bills. I love your service but please be consistent and play it smart with the big boys if you want to stay in the competition. Good Luck

18 replies

1: It's takes a couple of minutes to dial *611 and check airtime or run the Self Serve App on a phone or log into Self Serve on a computer. No one is 100% busy all the time that they can't find 2 minutes to do this. The only reason why data alerts are there is because data can be quickly consumed, as well as enforced by the new CRTC regulations 2: Koodo never had shared plans. 3: Too complicated. Koodo has stated multiple times they want to keep it simple. Rate plans evolve all the time. The $15 plan may have been acceptable for the usage that customers were using at the time, but the customer base has evolved into more of "we want data". Talk & Text plans still exist, and the current ones are far better than the $15, 50 minutes, no evenings/weekends/50 texts. All plans included unlimited text, call display, voicemail, call waiting, 5 pm evenings/weekends, which is definitely worth the additional $14.
Userlevel 1
KaneSlavik wrote:

1: It's takes a couple of minutes to dial *611 and check airtime or run the Self Serve App on a p...

Takes even less time to check your useages with Koodo App, where you can also check for any SPECIALS!
KaneSlavik wrote:

1: It's takes a couple of minutes to dial *611 and check airtime or run the Self Serve App on a p...

I already mentioned the Koodo App. There is no need to echo the same information. Thanks.
Userlevel 1
KaneSlavik wrote:

I expressed my view. Think of it as a recap.
Userlevel 4
KaneSlavik wrote:

A recap after 30 minutes?
KaneSlavik wrote:

You can express your view without echoing information
Userlevel 1
KaneSlavik wrote:

Ok I plagerised your work and 30 minutes late doing it, because of the snow storm.
KaneSlavik wrote:

There's no need for the attitude. You could of just accepted it and moved on. Anyways...
Userlevel 3
KaneSlavik wrote:

Ok children settle down.... 🙂 *hands a lollipop to Jane and Moto G 🙂 We're all here to help customers and inquires so let's just all be friends how about a group hug?! :oD
Userlevel 1
KaneSlavik wrote:

I enjoy the Koodo Community and expend massive amounts of concentration energies to read, because I have dyslexia. Sometimes I don't get it right and I won't apologize, for the hand I was dealt, because I did not deal the hand. 🙂
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

Good on you!!! I'm not sure why people make mountain out of a me hill? 🙂
KaneSlavik wrote:

lol great talk guys. My apologies for some uninformed comments I made. I was mad at koodo when I wrote this post.
Userlevel 5
I agree with Kanes points above, but want to point out #123 works as an automated system to check usage as well.
Userlevel 3
1. Koodo does send data useage alerta at 75% and 95% of your data allotment. 2. Koodo never had shared plans 3. Koodo used to have build your own plan you'd have to pay the base plan. PLUS you'd have to pay extra for call display VM unlimited texting and data. So due to the demand Koodo included all these features with all the new price plans. As for you stating "Koodo play it smart with the big boys"? What do you mean by this?Last time I checked we're ahead of most of the big carriers. Rogers,Fido and Wind for that matter. Mind shedding some light?Or providing intail is to what and where Koodo is lacking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A lot's been said already, but just like to answer one of your questions, Steff: "My dad has a $15 plan that he bought back in 2009, where is that gone? Show us how expensive it is to run a mobile service and we we accept the high costs. " Since then, Koodo has introduced a $15 prepaid plan to replace the old $15 plan your Dad has. Some things are better (it's got voicemail, caller ID and a few other add-ons built in that your Dad would have to add separately). It's also got unlimited worldwide text messaging including MMS. You can add minutes and data to your liking which never expire. The only thing that is missing is the minutes your Dad has included in his plan, if I'm not mistaken 50 minutes? That would cost $2.50 extra with prepaid... also the per second billing has long since gone.
Wow! I guess the conversation took off since I posted. Just to reply to a few comments above. 1. some people mentioned the app to track your mins. My mom and dad don't have data and do not need data, so for someone like them, the alerts would help. 2. My apologies about the shared plan, I see I tickled a few nerves there. I swear to God I thought I had seen shared plans once before but I guess I was wrong. And yes Sophia, it was 50 mins.
Steff wrote:

Wow! I guess the conversation took off since I posted. Just to reply to a few comments above....

1: Usage can be check on by simply dialing *611.
Userlevel 3
Steff wrote:

Wow! I guess the conversation took off since I posted. Just to reply to a few comments above....

You can track your airtime useage on self serve. Click on useage then click airtime useage.