Koodo Community
Question

Airtime Usage Alerts

• 13 August 2020
  • 5 replies

My son just got a huuuuuuggggge bill  for going over his airtime usage.  Our plan indicates he used over 1000 minutes on a plan with 500 minutes.  I am a bit suspect of this.  My son does use his phone for work but what 19 year old is calling this much?  Anyway, I am paying it as I have tried to contact Koodo but I find it awful that I have to pay 10.00 to speak to someone.  I wil accept this as our responsibility.

How do I go about setting alerts on his phone for airtime like i have for data?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ha-ha I've racked up the minutes when I was a teenager. There were a few one way conversations over it. It's quite normal.

You only pay 10 dollars if you get a Rep to do something you can do yourself. Disputing a charge doesn't count. I'd check your son’s call history and tally up the daytime calls. It'd probably be 1000. I'd tlak to him about sticking to the plan limits. Or see if you can do the 2 dollar unlimited calling add-on.

often text and calls seem to overlap.  like i said he has paid his bill.  i didnt even see the 2 dollar unlimited call add on.  again, my question is about an alert but i will tell him to find the add on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

often text and calls seem to overlap.  like i said he has paid his bill.  i didnt even see the 2 dollar unlimited call add on.  again, my question is about an alert but i will tell him to find the add on.

To get the Unlimited Anytime add ($2/mo) is by texting MOREMIN to 7780. 

There is no minutes alerts from Koodo. You/ he need download some app to monitor airtime usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@AnnieMK Thanks for your time on the phone! I hope everything is clear now and all is gonna be well in the future! :-)  Stay safe!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also check the calls via downloading your detailed pdf ebill and the call logs will be there.

Unfortunately no major carrier in Canada offers any alerts for talk minutes.  The CRTC also doesnt mandate it unlike when compared to data.  The CRTC says that data is hard to feel how much is used so there are alerts mandated, but with talk, the CRTC says customers should be able to track easily without issue. For example, 1 min of talk is 1 min.  1 min of video can be  any amount of data