Koodo Community

Community

Question

Airtime charges while on plan

Hello guys, I am quite confused. Just got an text from Koodo that my bill is ready I be paid. How surprise I was it was twice as much as expected! I have been charged 120 airtime minutes while my boyfriend called me through Signal last Tuesday. I have 500minute plan and unlimited text from Koodo. My bill overview states I have used 446 minutes so far. What's the matter?? Why did I get charged the airtime? Started my account on 30th last month. Is that the reason?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have a detail of the charges on the page3 of your bill, which broke down the detail of the charge? could you take a snapshot of it and post here (hide all personal detail and your phone number).

Dinh wrote:

Do you have a detail of the charges on the page3 of your bill, which broke down the detail of the...

Dinh wrote:

Do you have a detail of the charges on the page3 of your bill, which broke down the detail of the...

It was an incoming call as well. I should not be charged for that am I right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Unfortunately, incoming minutes are not free, they are counted toward your total minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

So from the description, Look like they charged you for overage minutes. I don't know the your first billing cycle date, so here is the assumption: 

Assuming you opened your account on Oct30, the first billing cycle will start from the 8nov? (I could see the 7th is still counted toward previous month).

from Oct30-Nov7 = 9days so you have 500/30*9 = 150 minutes.
If you used more than 150 minutes during those days (including incoming minutes), they would charged your for overage minutes.

Again, this is just an assumption.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Proration. If you started with Koodo on the 30th of last month then your regular billing cycle most likely started later. Meaning your days and minutes are prorated. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/char...