Feedback
airtime charges | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

airtime charges

• 7 April 2021
  • 6 replies

I am confused about why I am getting a KOODO AIRTIME charge of $150 on top of my monthly charge. I don’t recall that I phoned anyone outside of Canada. Can a representative explain why I am getting this charge?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 7 April 2021, 23:42

Did you setup preauthorized payment with Koodo? if you didn't and you did not use the credit card to pay, someone else might have used it to pay Koodo. You could also go into selfserve » view bill » account history. There should be a history of payment there. If you did not see $150 there, It was likely a fraud.

If that was the case, you should contact your credit card company and ask them to investigate and report it as fraud. 

Edit: I just saw your post. Hope everything will be sorted out soon. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Airtime overage isn’t always international charges. Could you go into selfserve and View billing, download the PDF bill? Could you check the page 3 (or 4) of the summary of the bill? The reasons for the charges should be there.

By the way, how many minutes included in your plan? were you using call-forwarding or traveling near US recently?

My plan had unlimited calling, and when I check my invoice online, this charge doesn’t show up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My plan had unlimited calling, and when I check my invoice online, this charge doesn’t show up.

I am confused,

where did the $150 show up?. Is it in the current billing cycle? If it was in the previous billing cycle, it should be In the pdf bill. 

When you go to your usage, did you see any red marks on the minutes usage? If possible can you post a snapshot of it here? (without any personal information pls)

Oh the $150 charge showed up on my credit card, and it says it is from KOODO AIRTIME and that’s why I am confused as well because I can’t find the charge on my Koodo account.

Problem solved, I did a bit of research online and there are a lot of people that has this charge (from KOODO AIRTIME SCARBOROUGH) and apparently it is a fraud. It has nothing to do with Koodo. Thanks for helping out @Dinh.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you setup preauthorized payment with Koodo? if you didn't and you did not use the credit card to pay, someone else might have used it to pay Koodo. You could also go into selfserve » view bill » account history. There should be a history of payment there. If you did not see $150 there, It was likely a fraud.

If that was the case, you should contact your credit card company and ask them to investigate and report it as fraud. 

Edit: I just saw your post. Hope everything will be sorted out soon.