Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Airtime charges

I have been hit airtime charges for making call to Baltimore (US) from Canada. I have canada wide unlimited plan. My question is can I put some restriction to call only canada wide and not international one. What is the way to do this? Pl need your help. Thanks, Sheraz

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does not have any way to block calls to numbers which are part of the North American Numbering plan. You may be able to do so by installing a parental control app on your phone, but having never used one myself, I cannot offer any specific recommendations.
I dont have mobile phone plan. This is koodo wireless phone plan. There is no option for parental lock in that phone set. I thought koodo should have this option to only restrict canada wide plan.
Userlevel 6
Sheraz Ahmed wrote:

I dont have mobile phone plan. This is koodo wireless phone plan. There is no option for parental...

Sheraz, are you using the wireless home phone service? I couldn't find much on the Koodo website about the long distance rates for this service.
Sheraz Ahmed wrote:

I dont have mobile phone plan. This is koodo wireless phone plan. There is no option for parental...

yes it is wireless home phone service and I am strange that this does not have calling restriction... I need it to only Canda wide so that I remain within my monthly budget
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sheraz Ahmed wrote:

The only way to do this is to exercise restraint. You can find a listing of Canadian area codes online to help you have certainty of where you are calling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know what you mean. A koodo wireless phone plan IS a mobile phone plan. Koodo cannot restrict you to only Canadian numbers. You would need to download a third party app onto your phone to do so.
Userlevel 4
The best restriction would be to go on prepaid plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

The best restriction would be to go on prepaid plan.

...which would still allow you to call American numbers, using your minutes at twice the rate of calls to Canada.
Userlevel 4
When I am talking about prepaid I mean something like Public Mobile offer. I am not sure if Koodo have this kind of prepaid. Sorry for that I didn't think about it.
Jan Hope wrote:

When I am talking about prepaid I mean something like Public Mobile offer. I am not sure if Koodo...

yes they dont offer prepaid..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

When I am talking about prepaid I mean something like Public Mobile offer. I am not sure if Koodo...

Sheraz, just want to make sure I'm looking at the right charge. You last bill was $6 and change because of the promo you are on. The cal to Baltimore was $0.50. I don't see any other charges. One way to make US calls unlimited and mitigate costs is our unlimited monthly add-in for $10.

Jan Hope wrote:

yes this month on 1st apr 1$ charged and it should be controllable. Because kids sometimes make these calls un-intentionally. I dont have any usage for US calling so spending 10$ every month is not worth to me. My only concern is my connection should not allow calls outside the Canada. Do you have this facility?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

No, any call beginning with +1 cannot be blocked from calling.