Koodo Community
Solved

“Airtime” charge

• 27 October 2020
  • 7 replies

My roommates have cell phone numbers from Connecticut but they LIVE in the same house/city as me. Every time I call them, I realized I get charged. I can’t afford to pay every time I call a number in Canada and I don’t think I should have too. I want my money back.

icon

Best answer by Robert T 27 October 2020, 17:21

If your roommate has a number from Connecticut USA you will be charged if you call it. Even though she’s in Canada, she still uses an American carrier. What I suggest is finding another way to call her (What’s App, Messenger, etc) 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have? How much is your plan?

Do you actually see the charges on your bill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your roommate has a number from Connecticut USA you will be charged if you call it. Even though she’s in Canada, she still uses an American carrier. What I suggest is finding another way to call her (What’s App, Messenger, etc) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why does your friend have a number from the US?  Are they American?

If you call a USA number you will be charged US long distance.  This will happen no matter which cell provider you are with and which landline you use.  it doesnt matter where they are located, you car still calling the US

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can, of course, text them for no extra charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, if you want your money back @Simonbaker56, you need to contact Koodo on social media or schedule a callback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, if you want your money back @Simonbaker56, you need to contact Koodo on social media or schedule a callback.

Don't waste your time. Koodo isn't going to refund you for calling a US number when you knew it was a US number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You never know. It’s worth trying especiailly if it’s a pretty hefty charge.