Koodo Community
Solved

Air time charge

• 9 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Whenever I call abroad, it charges a lot by Air time charges. I bought an international call card through Ontariophonecards.ca, and this card can make me call abroad 150 minutes with only $5. This card is not related to Koodo. However, whenever I use this card, it affects the air time and my charge bill by Koodo, so it charged a lot in August as well as in October(next cycle, I checked it in the air time usage rate) like over $60 and $70 each time. I’m thinking I have to move to other mobile companies because of this problem..

Until August, there was no problem to use this call card so I was able to use it without any problems and any extra airtime charges so far. It is really strange why I have to pay for Koodo a lot after this August.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 9 October 2020, 03:57

Calling cards are still gonna use your airtime minutes so if you only have so many with Koodo and you go over, you will be charged extra.

Same would go with any carrier. There is a $2 unlimited minutes add-on that you can add with Koodo to prevent you from getting charged extra airtime if this indeed the problem.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which number are you calling to use the calling card? Do you have unlimited minutes?

I used this calling card to call to my mom in South Korea. People can make a call in about 150 minutes when they pay $5. Here is the website https://www.ontariophonecards.ca/cici 

I used this website since last year, and there was no problem to use it until August this year.  I already called to the customer service for this website, and they said I have to contact Koodo for this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Calling cards are still gonna use your airtime minutes so if you only have so many with Koodo and you go over, you will be charged extra.

Same would go with any carrier. There is a $2 unlimited minutes add-on that you can add with Koodo to prevent you from getting charged extra airtime if this indeed the problem.

Oh I see. My current plan is $30, which does not include unlimited minutes, so it makes extra charges for air time. I think I got it. I figured out that the reason that there was no problem until August is that I used $45 plan, which included unlimited minutes, and I changed to $30 plan, so it made problems. 

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.