Koodo Community

additional usage charge

An "Additional Usage Charge" for $75 appears on my most recent bill. Apparently this is for long distance to the US...call(s) I never made. Would like this straightened out asap, thanks

Robert T 7 days ago

Yes, working from home.

Long distance phone # in bill pdf does appear in phone app for that day; however, I did not make the call to the stated destination (and for 126 mins).

I have trouble understanding how the call appears in the phone app but then you said it wasn’t made by you? Who made the call then? I think you might’ve just forgot what happened that day OR you lent the phone to someone who made that call without you knowing! 

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you working from home?

Login to your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill.  This PDF will show you the time, day and number called that resulted in the long distance charge.

Now compare the time and day and number with your call log in your phone app.  Do you see the call in your phone app?

Yes, working from home.

Long distance phone # in bill pdf does appear in phone app for that day; however, I did not make the call to the stated destination (and for 126 mins).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you share what this phone number  was that was supposedly called?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What US number was it?, If possible can you share here?

Also, did you recently join a conference call of some type using your phone? If you dialed in or clicked on a link to join a conference call, the phone in some cases dialed a conference center number (which could be somewhere in US). I would suggest you double check if that was the case.

No conference call

The number: 408-418-9388

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No conference call

The number: 408-418-9388

This is a webex call-in number.  What did you have on your work calendar at this day and time?

Nothing. It was the evening; I was all done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you take any voluntary training or  attend a virtual event?

If you see the call made in your phone app, then there was a call that was actually made from your phone.

What day and time and time zone was the call for?

Never used WebEx before, no training, no virtual event...no idea how/why this appears

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What day and time was the call for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, working from home.

I have trouble understanding how the call appears in the phone app but then you said it wasn’t made by you? Who made the call then? I think you might’ve just forgot what happened that day OR you lent the phone to someone who made that call without you knowing!