Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activation or Sim fee?

Hi, I just switched my phone to koodo at a koodo store, they said that I have to pay the plan Activation fee. I paid $12.42 for that. My husband use koodo from last month. I noticed he didn't been charge any fee in the store. I check the bill. it saids "plan Activation fee $0, Koodo Micro Sim is 10.99, after tax is $12.42. I was not informed of this in advance. Is this an appropriate fee I have to pay?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
There's technically no real fee, per say, but you have to buy the SIM card for the price they had in store + tax. They just used terminology you might be more familar with. A lot of retailers will usually waive SIMs if activating a line, though. $10.99 also sounds out of whack; it's usually $9.99. Where did you get your service from?
Thank you very much for the answer! I brought my own phone to get service at the koodo store Parkway Mall, 85 Ellesmere Rd Scarborough, Ontario M1R4B9 And chose the regular plan which is $40 a month but do get 10% discount. Is this Micro Sim fee have to pay at koodo store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
daoisttaiji C wrote:

Thank you very much for the answer! I brought my own phone to get service at the koodo store Pa...

the Sim card costs $10 when you buy it.