Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Account Payment Credit Limit

Why is billing telling me I cannot make more payments. I am going to throw a few more hundred on this account. I transfer money from my bank to my koodo account, I'd like to have at least 500 or 600 credit. If I transfer money to my koodo account how can they possible deny that money. \ Make a Payment To ensure continuous service, we recommend that you pay your Credit Limit Balance in full. Last bill: $0.00 Last payment: -$80.00 Past due balance: $0.00 Current charges: -$150.00 Credit limit balance: -$150.00 Total amount: -$150.00 If received by: Your account already has a credit balance. We are unable to accept a further payment at this time.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
You can only have a balance of $150 on your account. Certain accounts have credit limits on them to protect against you spending too much on overages. Paying your phone bill on time for 6 months in a row will remove your credit limit. Good luck!

yes I know that, I have -150 in my account which is my credit. I want to have this to -600 which will be my credit for the next 6 months
Userlevel 5
You mean your tab balance credit?
My spending limit is over 2 hundred. My balance is -150 which is 350 spending limit. I want to add 600 more to my account which will allow me -600+-150+my 200 limit which give me a credit of 950 spending. But I cannot add more money to my account. yes I know that, I have -150 in my account which is my credit, not a debit. I want to have this to -600 credit, which will be my credit or payments for the next 6 months
Userlevel 5
Oh... You cannot pay ahead. Any amount that you pay over and above your bill goes to your tab balance. Your tab balance and your phone service are not together. You need to look at them as two separate accounts. Your bill = your service plan + overages Your tab = savings account for purchases of phones ONLY You cannot pay your bill ahead of time really. Hope that is what you were looking for.
Not Jeff wrote:

Oh... You cannot pay ahead. Any amount that you pay over and above your bill goes to your tab...

I do not have a tab I choose not to have the tab option. I bought my phone cash.
I do not have the tab, I bought my phone. I have an account and when I add money to that account I will have a -credit which is my credit. Simply Koodo is saying I cannot add anymore money to my account. I pay by bank transfer and will be putting in 600 into my koodo account tonight which will give me 950 dollar credit. How can they deny that transfer. This is a legal matter if they refuse my money. I will contact someone from billing
Userlevel 5
There is no legal requirement for them to accept your money for a credit. It's up to a corporation's policies to govern whether or not to offer credits for cash as a direct transfer/transactions. Why do you need to have so much credit on your Koodo account?
Not Jeff wrote:

There is no legal requirement for them to accept your money for a credit. It's up to a corporatio...

There is nothing in my contract that there is a limit to my credit in my account. Koodo would have to write me a new contract to include what you are saying
I have a daughter,
If you have kids you will understand
[b]Tab No Tab Discount Tab Balance 0.00 [b]No Tab Discount 10.0% Tab transaction history Date Reason Type Amount Balance 02-Nov-2014 Activation Redemption 0.00 0.00 as I said I do not have tabs I opt out that option and bought my phone. I have an account which all my money will go to. Every payment will go to that account Number. Koodo has no way to deny that payment.
I found the mistake with koodo billing. My credit is seen as billing so the system is seeing this as a limitation which can be fixed with some data base editing including credit. Added more credit using my bank. All was accepted!