Koodo Community

Community

Account Cancellation

Userlevel 1
I need to cancel my account effective immediately. I bought a new phone & new service. I no longer want to use Koodo. I have significant concerns about poor customer service, especially nobody answering the telephone, which is ironic for a phone company.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Victor you'll need to call customer service to cancel your account. If you ported your number to the new service provider then that will automatically close your account with your previous carrier, in this case with koodo. If you didn't and got a new number from the new carrier than you need to call in to cancel your account.
Userlevel 1
Does nobody speak English. I just said I called them & they never answered the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Does nobody speak English. I just said I called them & they never answered the phone.

You don't have to cancel, come back to the store and return the phone.
You will be free to go anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Where does it say he's a new customer to Koodo and within the 15 day return period?

Oh and they aren't answering the phone because it's closed they have hours of operations. If you can't get through then keep trying it's your responsibility unless you want to ignore everything and go to collections after you don't cancel.
Calling is the only way to cancel... Didn't realize I was bilingual I thought I wrote in English.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

@Paul: His unconnected sentences "[i]I need to cancel my account effective immediately. I bought a new phone & new service. I no longer want to use Koodo"
That made me think he was a new customer with Koodo.

[i]
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Gotcha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Victor just read your first sentence and got triggered.  Your sentences afterwards was in English and very well written

If you ported your number to the new service provider then that will automatically close your account with your previous carrier, in this case with koodo. If you didn't and got a new number from the new carrier than you need to call in to cancel your account.

Userlevel 1
I have no tab. I own the phone. I just need to cancel the account.
Userlevel 1
I am NEVER dealing with Koodo or Telus again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Fastest way is just buy any prepaid card and port your number out. Line will be cancelled immediately and then you can just let the prepaid account expire,if you no longer need the number.
Victor Muliyil wrote:

THEY LIE TO ME ALSO I WILL CANCEL SOON

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

How did they lie to you?
Victor Muliyil wrote:

They offered me 50 dollars credit with in 6 to 8 weeks when I sign up at a kiosk now after 3 months I am calling them they said there is no such thing on your file
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

What was the credit for, Was it a referral credit?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Who is they?
Victor Muliyil wrote:

It was referral ...they customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Did you follow the refer a friend process? Did you confirm your account info after you signed up? You can also check your referral status here https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg
Victor Muliyil wrote:

customer service doesn't answer at all as they know we need to cancel. very bad service.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

Samah,
There are many other way to contact Koodo like facebook/twitter. You could also set up call back using the chatbot at the help page.https://www.koodomobile.com/help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Muliyil wrote:

How the heck do you think they would know u want to cancel?