Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$75 plan is a crap deal

Userlevel 1
Do you realize that the $75 plan is a really bad deal? The $60 plan comes with 2GB of data and the $75 plan comes with 3GB of data. That is the only difference. The overage cost for the $60 plan is $5/500MB which makes the $60 plan at 3GB of data only $70.

8 replies

Jordan, currently the $60 plan is 2gb because of the double data promo. After July 2, barring any other changes in the plans by Koodo, it will become 1gb (back to normal) To get to 3gb would then cost you $80 ($60 / 1gb + 4x 500mb @$5 each) Here's hoping that Koodo puts the 3gb plan on double data promo. It's not the $60 / 5gb plan from last year, but at least would provide a little more data....
Userlevel 1
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Jordan, currently the $60 plan is 2gb because of the double data promo. After July 2, barring an...

I realize that it is because of the promo, but that just reinforces my point. They keep extending the promo anyway and why is that plan not on promo?
Userlevel 1
Other posters are thinking same thing in this already posted question http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/_75_plan_useless
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

Other posters are thinking same thing in this already posted question http://community.koodomobil...

I apologize. I did a search before I posted, but didn't find that.
Userlevel 6
The double data in plans is a promo, the moment it's gone (2nd of july) the $75 plan is the best for some.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

The double data in plans is a promo, the moment it's gone (2nd of july) the $75 plan is the best ...

I understand that, but the double data promo has been extended several times now making the $75 plan a bad deal for quite a while. I would have been better for them to double the data on it as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

The double data in plans is a promo, the moment it's gone (2nd of july) the $75 plan is the best ...

I think we all agree with you there, Jordan 😉
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

And I agree as well. 🙂 I guess it's the sign of the times. I doubt koodo wanted to be in this position, but others have extended their promo so koodo was left with no choice unless they wanted to lose a bunch of customers.