Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5 Plan

Hi

I left the country late November 2015.  I called Koodo and told them I needed to leave the country for 5 months and asked to cancel my plan with them. I was on the SIM only plan. $48 Sask plan (5gb, unlimited calling/text).  The guy on the phone told me that Koodo offers a $5 seasonal hold or something like that and that this plan would keep my phone number reserved for me till I get back.  I accepted*

So anyways I'll be returning late April and I noticed that the $48 plan is now $53. 
I'm wondering if i'll be able to still get the plan for the $48 rate? 

Now it's not a big deal for me but I did ask the guy from Koodo if this $5 plan would protect me from price hikes (for some reason I just knew it was going to happen) and he told me yes it would.  So is he right?  When I change my plan I can still pay $48 for 5GB and unlimited call/text.

and I do have a Sask address.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AFAIK, the seasonal hold plan is $15 a month, not $5, and you need to choose a currently available plan when resuming service. That means at the price its currently listed for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah when you get the seasonal hold put on your account, it's basically a plan change so u lose the plan you had immediately. Like Timo said when u come back from the hold the only plans you can get are what's available at that current time.
$15?  That must have gone up as well?  Anyways thanks to you both! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marc Co wrote:

$15?  That must have gone up as well?  Anyways thanks to you both! 🙂

It's been $15 since they introduced the small, medium and large tabs, which was about three years ago at this point.