Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5.65 BYP charge

I keep on getting this charge for $5.65 for something I did not purchase it comes up as a BYP charge, bill and everything paid on time. No one has given me an answer, associates at the kiosk and on the phone have no explaination. I do not understand why its being taken directly out of my account!

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Is it possible you can take a screen shot of your bill (with the personal details edited out) so we can see where this is on the bill? We're all customers like you, and a quick google search didn't bring up anything for me.
Jorden wrote:

Is it possible you can take a screen shot of your bill (with the personal details edited out) so ...

this is the third time it has occurred, and no one has been able to give me an answer, a better question would be why is it being taken out directly out of my account, pre authorization has never been set up either

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo couldn't take a payment from your account without your banking info, so someone would have to have given it at some point. Are you on prepaid by any chance? Because the only charge I can think of from Koodo that might total $5.65 would be a $5 prepaid booster.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Koodo couldn't take a payment from your account without your banking info, so someone would have ...

not on pre pay
Userlevel 4
That BPY fee is a result fo pre-authorized payments. In this case, through your bank. Seeing the green in that picture tells me you are with the same bank as me. I used to have pre-authorized with Koodo and that BPY would show up. Different amounts based on my bills. What I would suggest is to look at the bills and see the payment you made on the recent bill versus the amount of the bill itself. If only a partial payment was made manually, the pre-authorized would take out the rest. Can you tell us what plan you have, the cost and if you have a tab charge (how much) or not?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That BPY fee is a result fo pre-authorized payments. In this case, through your bank. Seeing the ...

all bills have been the exact same amount, except for the odd time for data over usage. The $5 dollars was charged a different time and before the billing cycle. Payments have been made in full and well in advanced of the due date. I have the Canada Wide Plan $45 dollars a month, at the time my tab was a tab medium ($300), with $212 remaining
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That BPY fee is a result fo pre-authorized payments. In this case, through your bank. Seeing the ...

Okay. So the only equation I was able to come up with based on that information is that the bills should come to $56.50/month if you are in Ontario. I am which is why I used that province. So, with $5.65 showing up as a payment in your bank records after you already paid the bill manually tells me there is pre-authorized payments and the bill wasn't paid in full. BPY is the acronym used for pre-authorized payments with our bank. TD right? ($45 (plan) + $5 (tab medium monthly charge)) x 13% (Ont tax) = $56.50 $56.50 - $5.65 = $50.85 Was $50.85 the amount of your last payment by chance or at least an amount close to that number?