Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5.00 charge for international texting

I was recently charged $5 for international text messaging. Is this a one-time charge for 100 text messages and will cover me when in the US and texting either Canada or the US?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are correct. Keep in mind that only messages sent by you count toward the 100. Incoming is unlimited. This expires at the end of your billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So if my bill date is the 20th and I send one text out on the 18th and another on the 22nd, I am out $5 + $5 for 2 text messages? Maybe a good deal for text addicts, but kinda steep if I "innocently" reply to 2 incoming texts while I am in the US. Ditto for data roaming: unless you really need it, best to turn off mobile data the minute you leave Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

So if my bill date is the 20th and I send one text out on the 18th and another on the 22nd, I am ...

Hmm, I guess so. But I've never been confronted to this situation. You better call Koodo and see if you can arrange something with them!
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

So if my bill date is the 20th and I send one text out on the 18th and another on the 22nd, I am ...

well yes but 5$ on one bill and then 5$ on the other bill but you'd have the whole next cycle to use more texting. Dems da breaks kids. BTW I never leave data roaming on. WAY too expensive. Although With koodo it's less so now but still.
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Just buy an unlimited add-on for text. Solves your problem. You will always pay more for pay-per-use for most products/services in this world.:-)