Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$40 plan charges $52

I recently changed to the $40 500mb plan. However, In my first month that's charges solely for that plan, (not a integration of the precious plan) the charge is $52 BEFORE TAXES?!?!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you change plans on your billing cycle reset date? If not, the extra amount is pro ration.
Chadwick wrote:

Did you change plans on your billing cycle reset date? If not, the extra amount is pro ration.

but i went from a $30 plan to a $40 plan it ould not possibly be more
Chadwick wrote:

If anything if it was prorated it should be less
Userlevel 6
Chadwick wrote:

Check page 3 of your bill. It should break it down for you. If you switched mid billing period, and exceeded the prorated amount of usage before you switched, there will be extra charges. That's why it's always best to switch on the date of your billing cycle. Example: You get 400mb a month of data, but you switched plans one week into your cycle. The pro rated amount of data you were allowed FOR THAT ONE WEEK is 100mb. If you exceeded that, you would be charged overages, even though you switched to a higher plan.
Userlevel 7
Hey Cindy!

This is due to the proration that occurs whenever you first signup with Koodo or change your plan. Find out more by watching this video: