Koodo Community
Solved

30$ extra in airtime

• 14 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone!

So I have 100 daytime minutes on my plan and it seems like last month I lost track of my airtime and now I have to pay 30$ extra, which is really stupid when upgrading to an unlimited plan would cost only 10$.

I have two questions:

Is there a way to get a warning when I get closer to 100 minutes, like there is for data?

And is it possible to change my plan retroactively and not pay the 30$ but only 10$?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Dennis 15 December 2018, 00:03

Unfortunately no carrier has warnings for minutes in Canada. And the CRTC does not include that in their wireless code as they believe that tracking minutes is much easier than tracking data. Unless the CRTC mandates it, I doubt any carrier in Canada will implement this 😥

Unfortunately there wouldnt be a way to retroactively change your plan to prevent the overage.
At most, you would be able to contact Koodo and ask them to waive the overage (partially), But there is no guarantee they would do this
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately no carrier has warnings for minutes in Canada. And the CRTC does not include that in their wireless code as they believe that tracking minutes is much easier than tracking data. Unless the CRTC mandates it, I doubt any carrier in Canada will implement this 😥

Unfortunately there wouldnt be a way to retroactively change your plan to prevent the overage.
At most, you would be able to contact Koodo and ask them to waive the overage (partially), But there is no guarantee they would do this