Koodo Community

Community

Solved

3 year contracts (including Koodo "Tab") become extinct on June 3

Userlevel 3
If you signed a contract (that includes "Tab"s, which are actually contracts 😉 -marketing got you if you believe they are not contracts) between June 4, 2012 and June 3, 2013, you will be free to leave your provider without paying a cent on June 3, 2015. If you signed a 3 year contract after June 3, 2013, your contract will turn into a 2 year contract, so you will be free to leave 2 years from the date you signed your contract. Your cancellation fees will also change. Search the web if you want more info on how that will be calculated. Time to get informed. Do not fall for those "promo" plans that end on May 31.They will become even cheaper on June 3rd.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks tips
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It the plans become even cheaper then your free to switch to them so I don't know why you'd think taking one is being duped in any way.
Userlevel 3
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

It the plans become even cheaper then your free to switch to them so I don't know why you'd think...

Well, some people might sign a contract, and then think that they cannot get out or make any changes until their contract ends. Most people don't know what they can/can't do (15 day trial is a good example). Another example: a lot of Koodo customers don't want to call customer service because they think they will get charged! Koodo has done a good job on this one -people are scared to call customer service that is praised as "the best in Canada". I have a pretty good plan (think two provinces with competition ^^), so I don't really care.
Userlevel 7

It the plans become even cheaper then your free to switch to them so I don't know why you'd think...

Every time I went to a Koodo stall and got a new phone, I was always reminded about the 15 day return period if I didn't like the phone I bought. Most customers are not idiots, they know what they are getting. Even when signing a contract the associate explained to me the cost of wanting to cancel the contract. 

On another note, just because someone charges for something does not mean they can't be the best in Canada. Especially support. Apple for example charges 99$ for Apple Care on an iPad and their support is unsurpassed by any other company I've experienced. They have the best customer support and calling was actually a pleasure (Even though I had an issue). Same thing when I called in to switch to one of those new promo plans, the associate was great and knowledgable and warned me of the "dangers" of switching to the new plan (I didn't want to tell him I knew it all so I let him do his spiel).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Curious how you know the plans are dropping on June 3rd Hello Kitty?
Userlevel 3

"Most customers are not idiots, they know what they are getting." lol I am speechless. Did I say Koodo's customer service is not good? I said people are scared to call because they think calling Koodo's customer service is never free. https://youtu.be/LiaYDPRedWQ
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From my own experience, very few customers believe that the 611 call isn't free.