Koodo Community
Question

$3 Increase to basic services?

I'm not sure if this $3 month increase to my 500 MB plan (which I pay an additional $2 add-on charge which I was told 2 years ago would be included in $30 plan but I guess thats another thing) and I noticed the basic services may have expanded or changed. Either way most of those services I don't use but I understand everyone has to pay for these no matter what but still this is an increase I have to guess why apparently.
Does anyone else here have increases sometimes not explained?

Thankyou in advance

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We will soon be bombarded with all the supposed hyper attributes of 5G, but unfortunately all of this means infrastructure costs are going thru the roof, so rates are going up.

It took about 5 years in my rural neck of the woods and a municipal government partnership to get decent wired internet service (bravo Cable Axion). My cell service is spotty at best due to one tower only in the region and difficult terrain. 5G will only work if there are rebroadcast nodes every several hundred meters or so. Nobody is going to install equipment on every 10th telephone pole in my neck of the woods.

If things were just (and they are never), CRTC would exempt people who can't get 5G from the anticipated rate hikes until it is available to them. I don't want to pay for HBO if you can't deliver it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are likely on an old grandfathered plan that is not available anymore. So this would be the first price increase in how many years?

I think koodo is trying to make those stale plans profitable
Been on the plan for several years but I found out was paying $3 more than someone I know for 400.mb less data ( about a year and half ago) they matched it to 500mb and lowered the price to 30.per month although I think not long after started charging a $2 add on. My bill says 500MB plan for 30.

Next line says :. 500 MB add on . So that is confusing also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Been on the plan for several years but I found out was paying $3 more than someone I know for 400.mb less data ( about a year and half ago) they matched it to 500mb and lowered the price to 30.per month although I think not long after started charging a $2 add on. My bill says 500MB plan for 30.

Next line says :. 500 MB add on . So that is confusing also.

So there are always new plans, offers and promos so I can't comment about your friend.

But you can see the details about your plan and add-ons on your detailed pdf ebill on your self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And anything around $30 or lower is a steal of a deal, especially if it comes with 500mb or 1gb
Yes it was for awhile.. thanks again..

Maybe my bill can be explained with customer service if I wait up to an hour calling from a landline because when calling from my cell automated voice hangs up after.promising to call back or telling me to go online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it was for awhile.. thanks again..

Maybe my bill can be explained with customer service if I wait up to an hour calling from a landline because when calling from my cell automated voice hangs up after.promising to call back or telling me to go online.

What do you see on your detailed pdf ebill. We can help explain it to you
Sorry didn't reply sooner.. the items of services listed under my rate plan that's increased I'm wondering if some are new like call display outbound, provisional service, call display +, 2 kinds of call forwarding. I think one call forwarding was there before and maybe conference calling. This is for the previously $30 500 minutes, 500 MB data plan. Don't know if anyone familiar with that but I'm guessing some items explain the increase, although I won't likely use any of
them. Otherwise I understand the bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry didn't reply sooner.. the items of services listed under my rate plan that's increased I'm wondering if some are new like call display outbound, provisional service, call display +, 2 kinds of call forwarding. I think one call forwarding was there before and maybe conference calling. This is for the previously $30 500 minutes, 500 MB data plan. Don't know if anyone familiar with that but I'm guessing some items explain the increase, although I won't likely use any of
them. Otherwise I understand the bill.

No, this is just a general increase to the price of an older plan. I wish it was something more concrete but it isn't.
Thanks anyway.. Actually I might have some good news.. through virtual assistant Ive signed up for 35 per month plan, unlimited minutes and 1 GB data. Now I'm not sure if I should remove the add on in my account or not. Lol. They might continue charging$2 extra...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On self serve does it say the Add-on is for $2 for 500mb? If so , then remove it if you dont want it. Or you can try for a month or 2 and see what happens with your usage and bill
Ok thanks.. appreciate all your help
Only problem is the 7$charge to my July bill was a direct result of removing the add on data at the time and without warning went right to a $7 /100 mb charge. THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO MY USAGE AND BILL !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well if you remove the 500mb data add-on, how much data did you plan have remaining? If it's 0, then if you use data you will be charged
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Micetro Andy : Dennis told you that $2 was a steal, and your plan was good

And anything around $30 or lower is a steal of a deal, especially if it comes with 500mb or 1gb

Then he told you if you think it was still expensive and if you didn't want it you can remove it. He told you to try it first...

On self serve does it say the Add-on is for $2 for 500mb? If so , then remove it if you dont want it. Or you can try for a month or 2 and see what happens with your usage and bill

If you didn't want to use the data then you remove it, but then you have to control your usage by turning off data usage. Any overage would be $7/100MB, it was written in your agreement.

I don't see any misleading as you said here https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/another-mobile-master-mislead-a-member-which-resulted-in-typical-koodo-charges-7794875

Mobile masters are customers like you, we do our best to help other. It isn't fair to blame someone because you didn't fully understand or misunderstood somewhere.