Koodo Community

Community

Solved

2 importan tQuestions

2 questions if I send a text message and attach a picture I am going to be charged an additional .50 cents? I have the 39 dollar plan,(300 phone, 300mb data) what is this unlimited family calling thing, how does it work? can i call certain people before 5pm and not be charged minutes?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Picture messaging is included in your plan, so you won't be charged for this. The only thing you need to worry about is making sure you don't go over your day time minutes or your data.

Having said that, data on your phone will need to be turned on in order to have it send or receive a picture message. Both the phone and plan are smart enough to differentiate the picture message data from other data like surfing the web or checking email. But because a picture technically is data, that feature still needs to be turned on on you phone, even tho sending or receiving these will not consume data.

Hope this helps.
awesome Mark thanks for the quick reply.
Badge +4
Adding to Mark's answer, while you're not charged for the data used to send a picture message, when data is enabled, any app that requires updating or syncing will use data while sending picture messages. The data usage is negligible, but can add up quickly over time. I'm not sure which phone you have, but on most Android smartphones there is the option to restrict background data or have all software updates downloaded over Wi-Fi only. A data toggle widget installed on the home screen is an easy way to determine if data is enabled or disabled and saves you the time of going through pages of settings to turn data off. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.datalinkswitch&hl=en To answer your other question, the unlimited Canada-wide family calling feature is included in all plans and means that calls made between phones on the same account can call each other at any time without having any of your 300 anytime minutes deducted. http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/canada-wide-plans/is-family-calling-canada-wide
Thanks rikkster for taking the time, I just got a Q5, first smart phone lol. Ok so the numbers have to be on the same account, cool, just wanted to make sure it was not certain friends or family numbers I could set up to get unlimited calling. Thanks again.