Koodo Community
Solved

2 bills

• 10 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, so I got a new phone and started a new account but I had to put off canceling my old phone because I was trying to transfer my old number. My old number was with Koodo but on my mom's account. There was some confusion when setting up the phone so I should have been able to just transfer my old account to my new account with the same number when I bought the phone but the store representative said I could not, since I was not an administrator for my old account and we would have to call customer service to get it changed. BUT then apparently customer service said that the store should have just called my mom and got her PIN and it would have been dealt with all on the same day. Anywayssssss, so now I have charges because I had a new number from setting up my new phone and all that confusion and new charges from my old number and my bill is totalling to over 200 dollars which is crazy for the 1st month. I've already watched the videos and everything about how the bills work, but this just doesn't make sense. I only had the new number for like 2 days. I'm kinda frustrated at this point and everything was supposed to be dealt with but now here I am with charges from 2 different numbers but only one phone. The store representative also mentioned when I came back to tell him what customer service had said and he said I never told him I was with koodo before......which I literally did, because I said I was on my mom's account with koodo so I'm starting my own account to get this deal for the S20. Please help.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 10 January 2021, 21:47

The bill in Red is my old number, which correlates with the last 3rd picture with so many charges. The new number that the store first gave me is the second picture. It shows up as if  2 numbers, but I only had the new number for a couple days and then, after calling customer service, that's when I went back to the store to get them to add my replace the new number with the old number. But both accounts are still here, and the new number even had the tab charge from my phone which makes no sense since there is already a tab charge on my old number. I understand maybe just the connection fee is still there because they refunded it on the old phone number, but then there are a bunch of other charges. I'm so confused. I have my new phone with my old number now. 

Thanks for posting the pictures. It seems to me most of the charges are correctly noted. You got the connection fee, transfer of ownership fee, the charges for two days of usage on your new number, the rate change on your old number, and the additional fees.

The only thing I don’t understand is why they are charging you twice for the Tab charge. Both are on your new number and old number. Did you previously have a Tab on your old number? If not, you should contact a Koodo rep about that issue. You can do that by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or sending a message to a Koodo rep by Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, so I got a new phone and started a new account but I had to put off canceling my old phone because I was trying to transfer my old number. My old number was with Koodo but on my mom's account. There was some confusion when setting up the phone so I should have been able to just transfer my old account to my new account with the same number when I bought the phone but the store representative said I could not, since I was not an administrator for my old account and we would have to call customer service to get it changed. BUT then apparently customer service said that the store should have just called my mom and got her PIN and it would have been dealt with all on the same day. Anywayssssss, so now I have charges because I had a new number from setting up my new phone and all that confusion and new charges from my old number and my bill is totalling to over 200 dollars which is crazy for the 1st month. I've already watched the videos and everything about how the bills work, but this just doesn't make sense. I only had the new number for like 2 days. I'm kinda frustrated at this point and everything was supposed to be dealt with but now here I am with charges from 2 different numbers but only one phone. The store representative also mentioned when I came back to tell him what customer service had said and he said I never told him I was with koodo before......which I literally did, because I said I was on my mom's account with koodo so I'm starting my own account to get this deal for the S20. Please help.

What does your bill say? Can you tell us each thing they charged you for?

It seems to me the store must have gotten it wrong, as they are supposed to be able to do the transfer of ownership smoothly. So now you end up with both charges, one for the new number that you just activated and one for the old number.

Assuming that the transfer of ownership worked out, there should be a $40 charge on your bill. Since you did the activation in store, a $45 connection fee charge should also appear on your bill. 

The first bill requires you to pay a prorated amount from your activation date to your billing date, as well as the next month in advance. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

If you want to port your old number into the new line, I’m afraid Koodo won’t be able to help you with that. You would likely need to port your old number out to another carrier and port it back in. However, by porting your old number out of Koodo, it should stop the charges from your old number from continuing. 

The bill in Red is my old number, which correlates with the last 3rd picture with so many charges. The new number that the store first gave me is the second picture. It shows up as if  2 numbers, but I only had the new number for a couple days and then, after calling customer service, that's when I went back to the store to get them to add my replace the new number with the old number. But both accounts are still here, and the new number even had the tab charge from my phone which makes no sense since there is already a tab charge on my old number. I understand maybe just the connection fee is still there because they refunded it on the old phone number, but then there are a bunch of other charges. I'm so confused. I have my new phone with my old number now. 

I see now that most of those charges are refunded on different accounts, but I still don't understand even with the extra tab charge, how does it come to that much?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for posting the pictures. It seems to me most of the charges are correctly noted. You got the connection fee, transfer of ownership fee, the charges for two days of usage on your new number, the rate change on your old number, and the additional fees.

The only thing I don’t understand is why they are charging you twice for the Tab charge. Both are on your new number and old number. Did you previously have a Tab on your old number? If not, you should contact a Koodo rep about that issue. You can do that by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or sending a message to a Koodo rep by Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Thank you for the help! I will contact them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The screenshot above was the summary of the billing in your self-serve. If you are a new customer, there were a lot of things missing there. I would suggest you click on the “Download bill (PDF)” and check the PDF bill. That bill should have detail explanation of the charge. Normally the page 3 or 4 of that one should have it.

Regarding the double Tab charge in the 1st bill, if you changed your number or your bill cover 2 billing period (similar in the 1st bill), there might be 2 Tab amount charges, one for the 1st partial period, 2nd is for the next month.