Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$197.51 month for a $70 a month plan?

Why are my bills posted without any information? I have a $197 bill for one month when I am on a 70$ month plan, yet my details on why my bill $197.51 is not available, nor would the Koodoo customer service rep tell me. I'm on a $70 a month plan and I received a bill for $197.51 and I'm not getting any answers on why my bill is so much yet my services are being suspended until I pay the full amount. I don't know what I am paying for. Somehow I've used $197.00 in one month? when i know it's not possible. 2 days before my billing due date I received a text about my data at 95% and I have unlimited calling. When I asked how this is possible I was told to wait for the details in a couple days, but my phone is still suspended. This is not how to do business, Especially when a 125 payment was made two days prior to zero my account...

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can check self service for details about your bills, Ryan. What do you mean the Koodo customer rep would not tell you, how did you contact them? They should be able to explain your bill to you 🙂 Also, when your account is suspended, you will need to pay a reconnection fee. If you are sure you paid that, contact them again and see if they received your payment yet.
Sophia wrote:

You can check self service for details about your bills, Ryan. What do you mean the Koodo custome...

Sorry, new to this, I answered below
Userlevel 7
Also keep in mind that calling a data aren't the same thing. Your phone can use data just by being on.
Chad Burr wrote:

Also keep in mind that calling a data aren't the same thing. Your phone can use data just by bei...

Sorry, new to this, I answered below
Even though my bill came out on the 28th, and I have been charged, the actual details on why or what is making my bill $197 for one month isn't avail, yet. This is what the customer service Roy, a supervisor told me. When I asked how they can suspend and charge me without telling me what it's for, Roy just repeated to read the terms and agreements and that it's not his fault i don't understand them. I just wanted a breakdown of my billing so I could figure out how this $197 was possible, but again, told they wouldn't be able to provide those details yet. I don't understand why or how a bill can be produced without details and I can't get those details from a customer service rep. As for payment, I received text confirmation the next day.
Userlevel 7
Here is what could have happened, You might be on the spending limit program. During this time, the total of your billed and unbilled (items authorized but not posted yet) can not exceed 200$ Im going to assume your phones data was on and your phone was using data in the background to update this and that. Your first bill would have included 70$ for your first month plus your 10$ tab charge and then a short period of time from when you activated to the start of your billing cycle. It equals about 2.33$ a day for normally about 5-7 Days After you use up your data, your phone is able to continue using data at your plans overage rate. 10$/500mb Those charges would be considered unbilled since koodo hasn't generated your next bill yet. You won't be able to see those charges until your bill is generated. In the meantime, find and pay your current balance. Turn your data off on your phone. Call Koodo and discuss what's happening with another rep, maybe there is some newbie goodwill they can help you with. Be sure to keep your attitude nice a friendly even though you're upset. You'll find the reps will want to do as much as possible for you when you're courteous. Let us know what happens.
Chad Burr wrote:

Here is what could have happened, You might be on the spending limit program. During this...

I never shoot the messenger, they're just employees. I have "data sense" on my phone, and I don't allow any background data, unless on wifi, which I'm around about 90% of my time. I've had 4-5 bills at this point and none over $90. My current balance is $225.00 as my previous balance carried over, was $27. I came from Rogers, and put a credit limit on specifically to avoid unknown charges..... ironic. On a high data usage month I used 2.3 gb, on my 70 canadawide heavyweight plan.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Here is what could have happened, You might be on the spending limit program. During this...

Since I don't have access to accounts I really think it's time for a heart to heart with Koodo. Maybe ask to speak with a manager. Very strange.
Chad Burr wrote:

So, I was charged a $35 re-connection in error, actually was told it was a mistake, which caused me to be over my limit, which caused another re-connection fee, which caused today's suspended service. Roy and Susan, Roy, a supervisor wouldn't tell me about the 3 re-connection fee's, I did find out about them and the rep I spoke to was able to see them. So either Roy decided to be unhelpful, lie and smug by telling me to read the "terms and conditions" and it's not his problem if I don't understand them (which if I didn't, IT IS his job to help me and clarify) or he simply shouldn't be dealing with the public. I don't get rude, or angry as I am aware of what call centre customer service reps deal with on a regular and i don't want to make it worse, but when service is poor, I feel it should be addressed as in the case today with Susan and Roy.
Userlevel 7
So, Ryan, are you saying when you log into self-serve and go to the "Billing" tab to view your bill, it says "unavailable"? Could you post a screenshot of this with personal details ommited?
Ahmad wrote:

So, Ryan, are you saying when you log into self-serve and go to the "Billing" tab to view your bi...

Now since I've been here in the community, my bill is available. I have been charged three times for re connection in the month of feb. Now why neither Susan or Roy would tell me this is beyond me. Now I am trying to contact customer service again to find out about these 3 re connection charges.... So my $70 plan has $105 dollars in fee's I have no idea about...
Ahmad wrote:

So, Ryan, are you saying when you log into self-serve and go to the "Billing" tab to view your bi...

I do still have a screen shot of when it was unavailable, but I hadn't removed my personal details and had to attend to other matters, no being back I am trying to sort this out...
I am having the same issue. Supposed to be on a $40 plan, have paid all my bills on time & have the bank statements to prove it, yet I go to check my billing.rhing today & I apparently owe them $130!!! Like wtf is this shit.
Userlevel 7
Chelsea Leonardo wrote:

I am having the same issue. Supposed to be on a $40 plan, have paid all my bills on time & have t...

His issue is completely different. He can't actually view his ebill. Chelsea, have you checked your actual ebill where it breaks down the charges? You know, the thing that actually shows you all your charges that make up the bill. If you did, you'd know exactly why your bill is $130.
Koodo is most definitely a bullshit company, rip offs. Like wtf am I being charged for????
Hi Chelsea! 

As Ahmad said, you can find the details on your e-bill directly on your Self-Serve profile. Should you still have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at *611 from your cell or send us an authenticated email at http://koo.do/11eMLdy. We will be more than glad to help you.

Thanks.