Koodo Community
Solved

1000 Long Distance Promo?

• 26 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Hey does anyone have a link to the actual promo details?
I have the 1000 long distance minutes but can not seem to find anywhere to WHICH countries it covers?

I know big names are India, China & Hong Kong but which others?
icon

Best answer by Camilo_A 26 September 2018, 19:32

Hey @ShawnKavanagh

The promo 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2 includes the following countries ONLY:

• India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.
Enjoy!
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This info should be in your plan details in self-serve. When you look at that, there's no info on the specific nations?

I found the list on an iPhone in Canada article from when it came out:
India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-promo-double-data-international/
Yeah the self serve only shows plan code (so LD promo V2 etc)

I remember reading (somewhere) that old version (v1?) included more countries but its weird I cant find official list anywhere here on Koodo website
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @ShawnKavanagh

The promo 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2 includes the following countries ONLY:

• India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.
Enjoy!
Is this 1000mins per month? And are we able to check usage in self serve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is this 1000mins per month? And are we able to check usage in self serve?
Yes it is per month.
And You should be able to get more details under the Minutes usage
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this 1000mins per month? And are we able to check usage in self serve?Yes it is per month.
And You should be able to get more details under the Minutes usage

But, there is no automatic tallying of the minutes you use - you have to add them yourself.
Oh hey
Just bumping my solved thread to share something I figured out (which is kinda weird but just in case anyone else gets stuck)

Some numbers you need to dial differently than others (no idea why)

EG
If you dial +852 XXX XXXX your call will connect to a Hong Kong number
BUT if you dial +86 XXX XXXX your call will NOT dial to a China number (does all kinds of weird things, like rings a second and disconnects or is simple silence with no ring at all)

Couldn't figure it out for a while but then found
Dial 011 86 XXX XXXX now the call works

No idea why, but dial
+86 doesn't work
011 86 does work
+852 does work

Just in case anyone else gets stumped
Shucks, I just bought a new phone and plan because the guy at the store told me it included calls to the UK!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shucks, I just bought a new phone and plan because the guy at the store told me it included calls to the UK!!!

@Seawolfpeter1 : Where did you buy it? the 1000minutes LD didn't include UK minutes. If you bought it and didn't want it, you could return and refund the phone and plan within 15days.
Badge +4
There is a 1000 minute $20 a month add-on for calls to the UK if you're interested.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-calling