Koodo Community
Solved

$10 Discount summer promo got removed and overcharged higher taxes.

• 4 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello, I checked by bills and noticed several problems.
  1. Summer's "KOODOOFFER" $10/month off for 12months for plans $50 and up was not applied on my August bill, so I got overcharged $10.
  2. I got overcharged taxes in June and July.
June - Mobile Services: 102.33 GST/HST:14.60 Total: 116.93 Got charged 14.3% tax
July - Mobile Services: 84.5 GST/HST:12.29 Total: 96.79 Got charged 14.5% tax
icon

Best answer by triggered123 4 September 2019, 03:15

1. You changed your number probably.
  2. Koodo charges taxes before discounts.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What province are you in? It can be until the second or this bill for a discount to be applied. If you don't see it by the third bill since tu got it then contact Koodo about it.
Userlevel 5
  1. You changed your number probably.
  2. Koodo charges taxes before discounts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port in a new number or change the number? the promotion was attached to the number. If you changed it, the promotion credit might not be applied correctly. I will flag this for a rep to look into it for you.

Regarding the tax, they charge tax on the total amount first then apply the credit...
Userlevel 3
Hello, I checked by bills and noticed several problems.
  1. Summer's "KOODOOFFER" $10/month off for 12months for plans $50 and up was not applied on my August bill, so I got overcharged $10.
  2. I got overcharged taxes in June and July.
June - Mobile Services: 102.33 GST/HST:14.60 Total: 116.93 Got charged 14.3% tax
July - Mobile Services: 84.5 GST/HST:12.29 Total: 96.79 Got charged 14.5% tax

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us! I have verified your account and indeed the discount was removed due to phone number change as @Dinh and @triggered123 mentioned above. I have reapplied $10 for the next 10 months, which will show starting September bill. For the taxes, the discount is applied after the total amount is calculated with the taxes. Thank you.