Koodo Community

Community

Solved

YouTube on android

Userlevel 2
Why can't I listen to YouTube music when screen is off every time I try music stops ?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Because YouTube wants you to pay for YouTube Red

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Because YouTube wants you to pay for YouTube Red [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/kood...

Unfortunately YouTube red isn't available in Canada yet, thry haven't been able to get the licencing deal complete. It's a very intriguing service though that I've been waiting for months to come to Canada so hopefully they will work things out and get a release out soon here.
Userlevel 2
Are there any apps that allow us to listen to music without the screen being on and it's free ?
Userlevel 7
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Are there any apps that allow us to listen to music without the screen being on and it's free ?

If you have Cogeco you can use the Stingray Music app free

I think some of the dish providers have similar apps.

Spotify is free too if you don't mind ads
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Slacker is also free (ad-supported).
Userlevel 2
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

So Spotify is all free am I limited on music choices and can I listen to it offline ?
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Tunein Radio
Google Play Music (even the free with adds version)
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Ricardo, no you will have to pay for the premium tiers in order to listen to the music offline for Google Play, Spotify, etc.
Userlevel 2
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

so what do people use for music that's free and can use it offline Any music downloader app avail ?
Userlevel 7
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

See above... If downloading is important to you, you'll probably have to pay. I pay for Deezer...another music service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

My music is either ripped CDs I have purchased over the years, or streamed from an online radio source through TuneIn Radio or Reciva Apps or directly from the station's website. There are lots of choices once you look.