Koodo Community

Your statements on the koodomobile. com web site made me laugh my belly button off

• 17 August 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
First statement:" We rank you the highest in customer awesomeness". I guess this is why we have to spend days of our life waiting on the phone to talk to a Koodo rep. And for sure that is because you love us (customers) and want to keep a tite contact.
Second statement: "Our coverage is like 'other guys'.Our network covers 99% of the population".  I belong to that 1% that gets service occasionally or must use a cell booster to get service. Recently I posted a screen shot on the community site showing the strength of my signal. That was my lucky day with -120 dB (origin of this info Network Cell Info). I wonder how many 1% there are in Canada.
So, thank you for the good laugh.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well if you disagree, I can confirm that your have brought down our awesomeness :p

Personally I think I am an awesome customer

Canada has a population of 35,000,000.  So 1% is 350,000 in Canada
Userlevel 4
Well if you disagree, I can confirm that your have brought down our awesomeness :p

Personally I ...
You did not read properly: I wrote "how many 1%" so that 350,000 has to be multiplied by the many 1%, it was a joke.
Anyway I am, probably, going to change provider pretty soon given the first part of my comment that was definitely not a joke.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Personally I ...
I'm geographically challenged like you are. Doesn't matter who the provider is, a black hole for one is usually a black hole for the others as well. Unless you have a friend with a Rogers or Videotron phone that has great service when they visit, the problem is most likely your location.

The advertising is a bit rich and the phone lines seem really to be an issue. Apparently there's been a wave of new subscribers for every provider in the past quarter. The official reps have been pushing the Facebook option to lighten up their load. I used Facebook messaging last week and had a rep on my chat screen within 15 seconds, problem dealt with within 2 minutes.

Userlevel 4

Personally I ...
I will definitely try Facebook as a last risorse. My problem is much older than a quarter, I complained more than once but nothing changed. Two year ago I had a great signal and overnight the whole situation changed, I mean overnight, like the direction of the beam has been purposely changed, like a big shot asked to do so for his advantage (this is my perception only for the moment and I will investigate it further).

About Facebook: talking to a rep on Facebook or on the phone does not change the terms of the problem at hand and the solution would take more or less the same time depending on the experience of the rep (I do not wan to enter this last subject because it would take us far away). Anyway, as I wrote in other occasion, if there are too many problems it means that there is a weak spot in the chain. If the weak spot is fixed, like magic the whole system is going to work nice and smooth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha! I think what they are saying is that with "the other guy", you'd need the same cell booster. They have the exact same towers /coverage so... Your experience will be the same 100%.