Koodo Community
Solved

Would this band work with Koodo?

I'm looking to buy a phone with the following band... I know nothing about this stuff, so I'm wondering if it would still work with Koodo? 2G GSM Quad Band: 800MHz / 850MHz / 1800MHz / 1900MHz 3G WCDMA: 1900MHz / 2100MHz

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have spotty if any service at all. You'll. Want to throw this phone out of a window.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You will have spotty if any service at all. You'll. Want to throw this phone out of a window.

Koodo uses: 3G HSPA+ / WCDMA 850/1900 4G LTE 1700/2100
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm not sure what that means 😞 Is it the numbers I'm looking at? Or the HSPA/WCDMA?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Sorry i think I just confused you. The numbers is the key for the 3G. So for 3G Koodo uses the 850 and 1900 band. SInce your phone uses the 3G 1900 and 2100 band, only 1 of them match. This will result in spotty service like Chad said above
Chad Burr wrote:

Oooh, okay! Gotcha. So if I had one with WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz, it would work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want full coverage, you will want the phone to cover everything shown by the red arrows at the bottom. Anything less may or may not leave you less than 100% satisfied, depending on your location and usage. Anything more may be useful on other continents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you want full coverage, you will want the phone to cover everything shown by the red arrows at...

You can have "full coverage" without LTE. I'm not aware of any areas where Koodo offers LTE service without also offering 3G (UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA)service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you want full coverage, you will want the phone to cover everything shown by the red arrows at...

And now he will agree with you and you'll all have a laugh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

You are correct. Coverage was not the best choice of words in my previous post. "Full features" would have been more accurate. Not obvious if the original poster wants that or anything that works to some degree.
Would it still work on 2G?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roxie Kaulitz wrote:

Would it still work on 2G?

Not with Koodo because they don't have a 2g network