Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Would I be able to buy an HTC one mini unlocked and use it on koodo?

I've been looking to buy a new phone recently and I have decided that I want the HTC one mini, because it is small but still a really nice phone. If I buy one online (factory unlocked) would I be able to use it with koodo? how etc?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup. It supports the 850/1900 frequencies so you're good to go.

You'll need a micro SIM activated if you don't already have one. If you're already a Koodo customer then you can go to anywhere that sells Koodo and have them swap it for you ($10 for postpaid and $20 for prepaid + tax).

If you're coming in new, then the same procedure applies but make sure to bring IDs with you if you want postpaid service.

If you want data and mms to work, you'll have to make sure you input the APN settings for Koodo under Settings, mobile data, access point names. Look at switch2koodo.com for info on that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't usually suggest phones other than what the person is asking, but I just wanted to point out that Koodo's HTC Desire is almost as good as the One Mini and it actually has a better battery (and costs half as much as the One Mini). But if you're looking at a smaller premium phone, have you seen the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact? It's due to be released any time now and it's a true high-end product in a smaller phone.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

I don't usually suggest phones other than what the person is asking, but I just wanted to point o...

Mobile Shop even has the Desire on Koodo for 150/free on small Tab right now so it's hard to argue with that. Entry to mid range droids are getting better and better these days. Plus it supports microSD. The only things that would be "really" better on the One mini is screen resolution (uses more battery) and the ultrapixel camera.