Koodo Community

Community

Would a 2014 lgg3 with a dead motherboard have trade in value?

dead motherboard

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually a phone needs to be in working condition to have trade in value.
It works just blue screens
so I was asking to see if I would get credit or just recycle it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it's a promo Koodo doesn't have general trade ins. A dead motherboard / "just blue screens" both count as not in workijg order and are not good for trade in at all. It'll just be recycled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Unless it's a promo Koodo doesn't have general trade ins. A dead motherboard / "just blue screens...

They do, actually. The phone must still be in working order though. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-trade-program
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Unless it's a promo Koodo doesn't have general trade ins. A dead motherboard / "just blue screens...

Interesting. I thought that Koodo ended it. Thanks for the correction.
Goran wrote:

I got it to keep turning on but within 5 min it blue screens
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

That's still a nonfunctional phone.
Okay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could always try and sell it for parts to some cellular repair shop
Could do that everythings good in the phone but the motherboard
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jesse wrote:

Could do that everythings good in the phone but the motherboard

Wouldn't waste much time on trying to sell it. Can buy all the working LG G3 unlocked you want for $65 US on eBay with a 30-day warranty. The motherboard is currently offered for about $90, so the trade-in value of your phone is about minus $25 US, assuming you can get someone to do the install for free.