Koodo Community

Community

Solved

wondering about sim cards

I have a factory unlocked samsung galaxy s5, with no sim card. How do I get one? Do I need to purchase one from Koodo before signing up for a monthly plan? Or are they free?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You can pickup a sim card at a koodo retailer or kiosk (except walmart). Monthly Sims are 5$ prepaid Sims are 20$ but include a 20$ credit for Activating a new line.
Chad Burr wrote:

You can pickup a sim card at a koodo retailer or kiosk (except walmart). Monthly Sims are 5$ pr...

for how many months does the $5 charge last? and does that mean i wouldn't need to pay the activation fee?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You can pickup a sim card at a koodo retailer or kiosk (except walmart). Monthly Sims are 5$ pr...

It's a one time fee. By monthly I meant postpaid Sorry for the confusion
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Do you have an account with Koodo?
If not, you have to sign up with Koodo first and get a sim card. 
For monthly plan: They need to run a credit check on you. So bring proper ID when you go to a Koodo store.
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-c...

Once you buy a monthly sim card, you can use it until you buy another sim card.(You will need it when your sim got damaged or lost, or switch to different phone that use different size sim card)  
There is no activation fee 🙂