Koodo Community

Community

Solved

will you be getting the new htc one mini any tie soon?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hopefully 🙂 Keep an eye on Koodo's Facebook page or here in this forum, if there are any new phones to be announced, you'll be able to read it here 🙂
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Hopefully 🙂 Keep an eye on Koodo's Facebook page or here in this forum, if there are any new pho...

Hey Sophia, any comments on if koodo dropping price when new phones are coming next week. I mean Nexus 5 and HTC 601 is launching soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hopefully 🙂 Keep an eye on Koodo's Facebook page or here in this forum, if there are any new pho...

Oh I haven't got the faintest idea, PD... we're kept as much in the dark as everybody else around here 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would be extremely surprised if koodo did carry the HTC ONE Mini as they didnt carry the HTC ONE and its a much more in demand device than the mini. Koodo does carry the Galaxy S4 mini however, take a look at that if your looking for a smaller device with less specs and less price from the flagships. You can also get the ONE Mini elsewhere and bring it to koodo if you get it unlocked. If you did that you get 10% off the price of your plan if you have a $0 or positive tab amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I would be extremely surprised if koodo did carry the HTC ONE Mini as they didnt carry the HTC ON...

Not to mention that the S4 Mini is a much better device than the One Mini.

I would be extremely surprised if koodo did carry the HTC ONE Mini as they didnt carry the HTC ON...

How can you even say that without any research, because it is quite the oposite: HTC one mini is a real shrank down HTC one while s4 mini is really all-cheap low end stuff. HTC oNe mini has loud friking dual high rez speakers, and higher pixel count screen, true color reproduction, is brighter, is METAL, AND DID I MENTION AN ULTRA PIXEL CAMERA? So now you know 🙂 about Koodo and Samsung: samsung has a back door deal with telus and it dominates Koodo. All android phones are now Samsung, sadly. Exceptions are the low end line of HTC like previous HTC One V, so that in mind, and sheer VALUE of the mini for the price, I believe Koodo will go for it, unless they are completely pressed by Samsung not to. Samsung is a viscious destructive force to the unique diversity and competativeness in this industry as they mimic that from the rotten apple who invented it. You will never see an honest effort/value from any smartphone today as much as you will from HTC, they are on fire! They are the fathers of smartphone.(in a bad and good way)
Userlevel 2

I agree with you my friend
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The HTC ONE mini is not just a shrank down HTC ONE it's has all lower specs from the full size just like the S4 mini. The HTC ONE mini has a dual core snapdragon S400 processor instead of the quad core S600, it has 1gb of RAM instead of the 2gb the full size does, it has a 720p display instead of the 1080p on the full size and yes it has a metal body but the metal body has a major issue if your a gamer as it heats up while gaming extensively to the point it causes the phone to lag excessively and drop in performance to nearly half, at least the review unit HTC sent me did in my extensive testing of it. The metal is covered up anyways by the case you need just like any smartphone unless you want to smash the glass from a drop so you don't even see the metal build so it's just a much heavier device. It does look great but I wouldn't chance going without a case. The speakers are a plus for sure as the HTC ONE has the best sound of any phone on the market hands down. The HTC ONE mini may have the same camera as the full size but that's not a good thing at all as the camera takes terrible pics and only shines at all due to its low light capabilities which how often do you take low light shots really. The pics have no detail what so ever it's just a 4mp camera that let's in more light due to bigger pixels which makes those 4mp look even worse. The battery in the HTC ONE is terrible as well and isn't removable so I'm guessing the mini is the same. Don't be fooled by shinny things. It sucks because I love HTC but the HTC ONE fell short in many ways when it could have been the phone of the year without question what so ever.. Koodo has announced they're carrying the HTC Desire 601 which is basically the HTC ONE mini with a body that won't take away from performance and looks damn sleek and stylish and will have a lower price tag as well.
Userlevel 7
I doubt it... it's only available in Europe so far and last I checked, HTC said they won't be releasing it in NA anytime soon. The good news is, like Paul said, you can get it imported and not have to worry about using any Tab/get a discount on your plan.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I doubt it... it's only available in Europe so far and last I checked, HTC said they won't be rel...

I lied, apparently AT&T has it (still nothing in Canada though).
I can tell everyone with confidence that Koodo will carry HTC one by Christmas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ummm no no they won't sorry
Userlevel 7
Rogers just announced they're carrying the One Mini around Nov 7th. You could always get it from them and bring it over to Koodo.