Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will this phone work on the TELUS (koodo) network?

Userlevel 1
2 questions: 1. Will the phone at the link below work on the TELUS (Koodo) network? 2. What frequency is the TELUS (Koodo) LTE network? I was able to figure out that TELUS operates HSPA at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. I could not find a clear answer to what frequency the LTE network is. http://www0-shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phones/productdetail.htm?prId=41589# Partial C/P from above web page: "...and is SIM unlocked. - HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US) The unlocked version does not support the 1700 band so HSPA+ and LTE will not work on the T-Mobile network"

11 replies

Hello, Did you take a look there: Check if your smartphone is Koodo compatible and unlocked.1 http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml
Userlevel 1
Yah, I checked the compatibility page. The compatibility page requires a IEMI code to determine if its compatible because its and international unlocked phone. I have not bought the phone so I don't have the IEMI code. The compatibility page is on no use in this situation.
Userlevel 6
skids22 wrote:

Yah, I checked the compatibility page. The compatibility page requires a IEMI code to determin...

Im really interested on buying it i called htc usa but they said they need a us address. Are you planning to send it to a friend?
Userlevel 1
skids22 wrote:

Yah, I checked the compatibility page. The compatibility page requires a IEMI code to determin...

Erwin, I use US Parcel pickup of my US address. You get a US address for $5 a parcel. http://www.usparcelpickup.com
Userlevel 1
skids22 wrote:

I'm still not sure it will work on the Telus LTE network.
Userlevel 6
skids22 wrote:

It will work, this is the same version that AT&T uses down there and we roam on their network so it should work. Thanks for the tip I think ill get one too 🙂
skids22 wrote:

At&t use LTE on 700 and 1700 MHz The phone have Lte in USA but not on telus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
Userlevel 1
After a few cups of coffee and some searching on the net I was able to answer my question. Short Answer - HSPA yes, LTE no 3G spec's: Phone 3G specs UMTS/ HSPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz up to HSDPA 42 Mbps TELUS 3G specs: 3G 850/1900 Woohooo, its a match for 3G, phone will work on TELUS 3G network LTE spec's: Phone LTE specs: LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz TELUS LTE specs LTE AWS/1700/2100 MHz darn, its not a match, phone will not work on TELUS LTE network
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
skids22 wrote:

After a few cups of coffee and some searching on the net I was able to answer my question. Sho...

Why do you want LTE anyways ? You do realize it cuts your battery runtime nearly in half, so the same phone using HSPA will last say 8 hrs of use where the same phone using LTE will last 4.5 - 5 hrs. Its not really worth it as the speed of loading webpages isn't more than a second faster and its only good for downloading large files which most ppl will wait to have a WiFi connection to download the large files they wish to download. Personally I wont buy an LTE device and if its the only model I can get I'd never turn it on anyways, I'd rather use my phone for twice as long without needing a charge and I can wait an average of a half a second extra for a webpage to load not a big deal. Eventually LTE will be great but we!re still a few years away from that and by then you'll have a new phone anyways.
Userlevel 1
skids22 wrote:

After a few cups of coffee and some searching on the net I was able to answer my question. Sho...

Thanks for the additional info Paul. I think you misunderstood my questions. I don't recall stating "I want LTE" or asking "What is the battery life of a given phone using HSPA vs. LTE?" My two questions are: 1. Will the phone at the link below work on the TELUS (Koodo) network? A1: Yes on HSPA A2: No on LTE 2. What frequency is the TELUS (Koodo) LTE network? A: AWS/1700/2100 MHz
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
skids22 wrote:

But if it works on HSPA then it doesn't matter if it works on LTE so it will work just not on LTE, that's what i was getting at, and I wanted to make sure if you really wanted the phone that you knew that LTE isn't all that its cracked up to be so don't let it keep you from getting the phone you really want. I was just suggesting to just get it and run it on HSPA and you'll be more than happy. I have the unlocked international version of the Galaxy Note 2 which is an HSPA+ device and it is just as fast as my Blackberry Z10 running on LTE. Sorry if it was info you did not wish to have given,I apologize. Good luck with your search for the phone, its an amazing device. Have a great day.