Koodo Community

Community

Will this phone work on Koodo?

I bought and received my Leagoo M8 Pro today. I am with Virgin mobile, but could not get the phone to work on their network, they suggested Koodo or rogers to me. I would like to know if this phone is compatible with Koodo network, if so I will be signing up right away. Here is a link to the phone and the frequency bands are listed as:

FREQUENCY BANDS - Ver.E GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz(B1/B3/B7/B8/B20) Ver.A GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 850/1700/2100MHz, FDD-LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2600MHz(B2/B4/B

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That phone wont work with Koodo with 3G or LTE. You may find service with LTE-A. For future reference Koodo uses: 3G: 850/1900 LTE: 1700/2100 (Band 4) LTE-A: 2600 (Band 7)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

That phone wont work with Koodo with 3G or LTE. You may find service with LTE-A. For future refe...

And LTE 700
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

That phone wont work with Koodo with 3G or LTE. You may find service with LTE-A. For future refe...

Version E won't

but version A will although you may get spotty service where LTE isn't available. The phone is missing the 1900 MHz band in 3g but mostly Telus and Koodo used the 850mhz band. So sometimes you may not have proper phone service.

Do you know which variant you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Virgin/Bell and Telus/Koodo/PublicMobile run on the same core network technology and often share towers. Any phone that will not run on any of those 5 will not reliably run on the other 4.

When shopping with overseas suppliers, look for gear that is advertised as AT&T or T-Mobile compatible.

Some Rogers and Bell clients are still served by older CDMA technology that is being phased out. Those phones will not have a SIM card or be transferable to other carriers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Telus and Bell have older CDMA.
Rogers has 2G GSM
Allan wrote:

I got Ukraine mix and won't connect with Komodo.bwhy
Allan wrote:

Sorry. Ulefone mix
Allan wrote:

Won't connect to Koodo. Why not
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The only compatible frequency according to (http://ulefone.com/products/mix/spec....) is Band 7 which means you'll get lte-a in certain areas. Everywhere else, you're out of luck.
Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. Sadly I am going to have to find a way to send this phone back to china without the shipping being as much as the phone itself. I am going to exchange it for a compatible phone. This M8 looks to be compatible, can someone confirm for me? https://www.fasttech.com/products/1101/10010519/6334000-leagoo-m8-5-7-quad-core-3g-smartphone-16gb-e...
Userlevel 7
Xedd MrC wrote:

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. Sadly I am going to have to find a way to send this pho...

Version E no, version A yes Why not just buy a Koodo phone or an unlocked phone via Kijiji or eBay?
Xedd MrC wrote:

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. Sadly I am going to have to find a way to send this pho...

Have no choice now because I already have the Pro version so now I have to send it back and exchange it. That phone supports all of those frequencies so I am assuming when I get it and put my koodo chip into it, it will automatically select the proper one. 

I feel like such an idiot for being impulsive and not properly going over the exact frequencies before buying. Thanks for replying Chad, I really appreciate it man.
Xedd MrC wrote:

Xedd MrC wrote:

Will the Oukitel K3 work on Koodo based on the picture above 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xedd MrC wrote:

Check www.willmyphonework.net

Xedd MrC wrote:

I already tried there It doesn't have the Oukitel K3 listed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xedd MrC wrote:

Based on the screen image you posted, that phone will not be a good choice. You need both 850 & 1900 for WCDMA and 1700 & 2100 for LTE. That phone misses both 850 & 1700.
Xedd MrC wrote:

Thank you very the reply back...is it that the phone won't work at all or the phone will work but limited? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xedd MrC wrote:

So there has been clarification that 850 OR 1900 can work as well. It has 2600mhz which will give you lte-a in available markets. Until Koodo finally gets Round to launching VoLTE you won't have 100% guaranteed service.
Xedd MrC wrote:

Thank you guys you have been a huge help I'm looking forward to my purchase and I will let you know if it was a good one or not!
Xedd MrC wrote:

Oh and just curious what are the points for?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xedd MrC wrote:

Just an indicator of community activity.
Okay guys, so I finally sent my phone back and got my refund as a.gift certificate on their site. I just pre-ordered a new phone and made sure that the bands were compatible (3G anyway). If someone could look at thee and tell me if the 3G truly is compatible, and if the LTE would work (not too worried about LTE actually, as 3G is most prevalent around my area) I'd appreciate it. Here is my new phone's freq. Bands:

GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA B1/B2/B4/B5/B8, LTE B1/B3/B7/B8/B20
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xedd MrC wrote:

Okay guys, so I finally sent my phone back and got my refund as a.gift certificate on their site....

3G is fine, you need Band 4 for LTE so a no go there but youll receive LTE-a in some areas with Band 7.
Xedd MrC wrote:

Okay guys, so I finally sent my phone back and got my refund as a.gift certificate on their site....

Is that an issue you think? Will 3G be phased out before my next phone purchase (like 5-6 years)?