Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will this phone work on Koodo?

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing YotaPhone 2, but I am not sure whether it will work with Koodo network. The phone website provides the following information: NETWORK: GSM/EGPRS 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz WCDMA, DC HSDPA (rel. 8, cat. 24) HSUPA (rel. 7, cat 7) bands 1 (diversity), 2, 5 and 8 LTE (rel. 9, cat 4) bands 3, 7 and 20 If someone can please translate this information and tell me if it will work with Koodo in Canada, that will be great. The phone is sold unlocked and I am a monthly (not a pre paid) customer of koodo. Thanks

3 replies

Badge +4
Yes. No LTE though, Koodo uses band 4 for LTE.
Is this phone compatible with Koodo's HSPA+ network at least? I can live without LTE if HSPA+ is working.
Badge +4
I really wish some cell phone manufacturers would standardize the way they advertise frequencies or bands for their devices. HSPA is a third generation (3G) evolution of WCDMA that combines two extensions to UMTS - HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) and HSUPA (High Speed Uplink Packet Access). HSPA+ is an enhanced version of HSPA (High Speed Packet Access). Koodo uses 850/1900 MHz for HSPA, (bands 5 & 2 respectively). For LTE they use 1700/2100 MHz (AWS) or band 4. So yes, the phone would operate on Koodo's HSPA network (WCDMA/UMTS), though no LTE, which you're okay with.