Koodo Community

Community

Will the new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL be available on Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With the announcement of Google's upcoming launch of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL today, we wanted to let our existing and prospective customers know that both of these devices will be available for pre-order from Koodo!

Pre-order will begin on Wednesday October 4, until Tuesday October 17, for the Pixel 2.

[b][update]
Pre-order will begin on Thursday October 19, until Monday November 13, for the Pixel 2 XL.

More details will be available on koodomobile.com, later today, and you can reference our Pre-Order FAQ page for more details here.

12 replies

Will the Pixel 2 XL ship fairly soon after the 19th preorder? Or can it look like a month long wait?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Cameron wrote:

Will the Pixel 2 XL ship fairly soon after the 19th preorder? Or can it look like a month long wait?

From iPhone in Canada: [i]"The HTC-manufactured Pixel 2 will be available in Just Black, Clearly White, and Kinda Blue on October 19, while the LG-manufactured Pixel 2 XL will ship in Just Black and Black & White on November 15."

So yes, about a month long wait.

Also, do you think it will be right at midnight that we can start to pre-order the XL?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Cameron wrote:

Also, do you think it will be right at midnight that we can start to pre-order the XL?

Hey Mark - don't have many other details outside of what was already shared above at this time. We'll know more about exact start time for pre-order for the XL closer to the 19th. No info. available as yet on inventory and availability. 
Is the pixel 2 sold with a sim card or will it be connected to koodo with the esim technology?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carl Bouchard wrote:

Is the pixel 2 sold with a sim card or will it be connected to koodo with the esim technology?

Carl Bouchard wrote:

He's asking because the Pixel 2 [i]will support eSIM. I wouldn't expect to see eSIM listed under "ports" because there's no such thing as an eSIM port 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carl Bouchard wrote:

Source?
Carl Bouchard wrote:

Same place you got your screenshot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carl Bouchard wrote:

Most likely Koodo will be continuing with SIM cards until more of the industry switches to eSIM.
So, you can pre-order through koodo on bestbuy.com - will that get me the phone faster?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Cameron wrote:

So, you can pre-order through koodo on bestbuy.com - will that get me the phone faster?

I would say unlikely but you never know. Considering how quickly it's going out of stock (classic Google), I'd just try to get it anywhere you can.