Koodo Community

Community

Question

Will the Huawei p10 lite work with koodo?

Will the Huawei p10 lite, WAS-LX3 work on koodo's network? Description says Cellular Network Supported: 4FDD LTE: Band 2/4/5/7/28 UMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA: Band 1/2/4/5/8 GSM / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Secondary SIM card: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz. Not sure what this means

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The secondary SIM is 2G only and Koodo does not have a 2G network.

For the Primary sim, the LTE and 3G will work fully

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you would need to insert it into the primary SIM tray for it to work! The secondary SIM will be more or less useless
Userlevel 6
@Dennis:
How do you know that it's the dual-sim variant?
@Robert:
Could put Koodo sim in 2nd sim slot if roaming internationally for the sake of receiving SMS via 2G roaming. For the most part, 2G is not too useful in Canada, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

@Dennis:
How do you know that...

OP posted the description above that says secondary sim card
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

@Dennis:
How do you know that...

@Dennis:
Ah I see it now.
Hi, I have a Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-TL10) and I can't get LTE, I only get HSDPA and HSDPA+.
These are the bands it supports:
2G:1800MHZ, 1900MHZ, 850MHZ, 900MHZ,
3G: 1900MHZ, 2100MHZ, 850MHZ, 900MHZ,
LTE: 1800MHZ, 2100MHZ, 2300MHZ, 2600MHZ.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jesús Adolfo Parra Parra wrote:

Hi, I have a Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-TL10) and I can't get LTE, I only get HSDPA and HSDPA+.
These ...

Have you checked if you set your APN correctly: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

You might get some LTE data on the 2600 and 2100

These ...

yeah, I have checked, and it's correct. Also my preferred network type is set to 'LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto'
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These ...

That model is sold in China? Koodo use band 4LTE AWS (1700/2100) as their official band. Band 7(2600) is also usable in some area.

I would suggest you reset the network settings and enter everything one more time. You could also visit a Koodo kiosk and ask. If you can't after that, then you might have to stick with 3G on that phone.

These ...

Hi, I bought it on amazon.com, it supposted to be a WAS-LX3 but what I got this friday is a WAS-TL10 and today was when I figured out that they send me a wrong model. So I'm testing it, if it works well with Koodo, I will keep it. If not I will contact the seller and return it back.

I'm going to reset my network setting and tomorrow I could ask in a koodo kiosk.

Thanks.

These ...

Hi again, I asked today and it seems that it doesn't work with koodo's network because it's CDMA. So I need to change to a GSM carrier.

Thanks.
Userlevel 5

These ...

Jesus, Koodo (Telus) has not been CDMA for several years.  You want UMTS/W-CDMA 3G frequencies 850 MHz (B2) and 1900MHz (B5) for talk, text, and 3G-speed (HSPA+) data.  For LTE you want Band 4 at a minimum, and bands 2,5,7 and a few others are helpful in some areas of the country.  Since the TL10 is for the China region, I'm assuming it may be lacking band 4.

These ...

Hi srlawren, this information is in my cellphone description page.
  • Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carrier such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
  • Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, LTE may not be available in all regions: 2G:1800MHZ, 1900MHZ, 850MHZ, 900MHZ, 3G: 1900MHZ, 2100MHZ, 850MHZ, 900MHZ, LTE: 1800MHZ, 2100MHZ, 2300MHZ, 2600MHZ.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These ...

Yea that phone would support 3G but is missing out on Band 4 for LTE. It does have 2600 though which is good for LTE-a if available in your city.

I'd try to find a different model if you plan on using data frequently.

These ...

I went to a fido kiosk today  and they tell me that it should work but when we test with a fido sim card, it only got HSPA/HSPA+ (as far I know that is 3G). I'm in Montreal and but I can't get signal when I'm in the metro (even 3G) and that is weird to me.

When you change your phone you have to notify koodo in some way?

These ...

I went to a fido kiosk today  and they tell me that it should work but when we test with a fido sim card, it only got HSPA/HSPA+ (as far I know that is 3G). I'm in Montreal and but I can't get signal when I'm in the metro (even 3G) and that is weird to me.

When you change your phone you have to notify koodo in some way?
Userlevel 5

These ...

I have no idea what kind of coverage is in place in the Metro in Montreal, since I'm in Vancovuer area.  I know out here, there are a few underground sections of our "skytrain" (rough equivalent to the metro, but mostly above ground) that have zero coverage on Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin, as they have exclusive agreements with Rogers/Fido/Chatr and Freedom Mobile, sadly.  Maybe the Metro is similar?

As to your phone:  it lacks LTE Band 4 (which uses a combination of 1700MHz and 2100MHz simultaneously--having just 2100 is not sufficient for band 4), thus you are missing the primary LTE band on the Koodo (Telus) network.  You may only get HSPA+ at best in many areas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These ...

Like i mentioned above. If you want full compatibility you will want a different phone.

These ...

Hello, can u say something about a track phone mobile recorder on Android. How can we use this application in our phones? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These ...

@vonders this question will probably be better asked to the app maker than with koodo