Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will the Cat S60 work with Koodo?

Just got an email update on the Cat S60 phone.  

The email says "[b]The Cat S60 is Carrier-unlocked and may be used with any GSM network - please check with your carrier if unsure."

I know that Koodo doesn't support GSM.  However, Koodo should support this phone on HSPA or LTE?  Can someone confirm that I am correct in believing this phone supports more then GSM.  I do not understand, why the email only mentions GSM support.

Here is what the documentation section says:
Technology:GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G:GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G:HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 - Global
      HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 - North America
4G:LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - Global
      LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700) - North America
Speed:HSPA, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps

Thank you for your help.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It will work with both 3g and LTE networks. Also you can use for the future willmyphonework.net to see about practically a phone an carrier in the world.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It will work with both 3g and LTE networks. Also you can use for the future willmyphonework.net t...

The second SIM slot on dual SIM phones typically only covers 2G voice connections, common in Asia, but which have been for the most part been phased out in Canada. That may explain the mention of GSM not being compatible.

The main SIM will do anything you want in Canada and the US, but you should investigate further if the second SIM is critical to your purchase decision.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It will work with both 3g and LTE networks. Also you can use for the future willmyphonework.net t...

Right yes. GSM is often used to refer to Sim card accepting phones but is technically 2G network technology. So the seller is saying if the network uses Sim cards, you're good to go.
Userlevel 7
The North American version will work with koodo. The global version will not.
thank you everyone.  i will pre-order it today.
Vanessa wrote:

thank you everyone.  i will pre-order it today.

How is your s60 on the koodo network, I am considering a cat s41
Thanks