Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will nexus 5 be unlocked if bought on koodo?

22 replies

Userlevel 2
The Google Nexus 5 is unlocked no matter who you purchase it from.
Myke wrote:

The Google Nexus 5 is unlocked no matter who you purchase it from.

Bullshit.mines not
thats what i thought thank you Myke
Userlevel 6
It'll work on networks world-wide with the exception of most CDMA networks & LTE support varies depending if you get the North American or European models.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to add all Nexus devices are factory Unlocked which is one of the major selling points of the Nexus line as well as being the first phones to be updated with the newest version of Android for as long as the specs allow.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just to add all Nexus devices are factory Unlocked which is one of the major selling points of th...

"...as long as specs allow". Galaxy Nexus users would beg to differ given the news that they won't get KitKat, despite 4.4 being optimized for use on devices with even lower specs than GNex.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to add all Nexus devices are factory Unlocked which is one of the major selling points of th...

From what I've heard it's due to the processor that's in the GNex & the company who made it not being in business anymore.
Userlevel 2

I kinda wish the Nexus S didn't receive the 4.1 update, or even the 4.0 update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That could be another worry from them is they don't want to push it's hardware because ya the Nexus S was a great little device till it got 4.1 JB then it became almost unusable.

I hv a nexus 5 and i am only able to use koodo...its not unlocked at all. Lies.
Userlevel 7

Nexus devices come unlocked no matter where they're purchased. There must be some other reason why it doesn't work with other carriers (if you've tested it).

And would you no what that reason could be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can be anything, sorina. Did you enable 3g?

Yep. I did.
Userlevel 3

Sorina if you have a nexus 5 that wont work with other networks make sure you are searching manually for the new network as sometimes the nexus wont find other carriers automatically.

I've tried everything. Guess I'm using Koodo for now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Factory unlocked and the first guinea pigs for software releases. Seems to me that in relation to units sold, there are relatively more problems reported on this board with Nexus vs Samsung or Apple. Newer software does not necessarily mean bug-free. Give me my vintage (a whole 1.5 years old already!) Samsung Note II that hasn't seen a system software update for a long while. Oh and you will have to pay for some sort of plan with Koodo for at least the first month in order for them to sell you ANY phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Factory unlocked and the first guinea pigs for software releases. Seems to me that in relation...

Please don't revive dead posts.
please make sure you change your APN on the phone depending on which supplier sim card you are using!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Mirza wrote:

please make sure you change your APN on the phone depending on which supplier sim card you are u...

This thread has been dead a long time.
Userlevel 1
I'm still wondering, is it going to be unlocked if I buy from Koodo? some people say it should be and then some say it isn't...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The nexus series does not come in a locked version. The primary selling feature is that it comes factory unlocked no matter where it is purchased.