Koodo Community

Community

Solved

will my sim card work ?

I have a Telus sim card and im buying an Samsung s2x and i wanted to know if it will work or will i have to unlock it ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
The phone will work but as far as unlocking The only answer we can give you is ,Maybe Some of the Koodo stock was sold unlocked and some was not unlocked and there's no way to tell Also if you want to use koodo you need a koodo sim If you do have to unlock it there are some reputable sites online like gsmliberty.com or eBay (make sure to read seller feedback)
Userlevel 7
A telus sim card will not work on koodo's network. Also which carrier are you getting the S2x from? It will have to either be from koodo, telus, or unlocked to work with koodo.
Userlevel 5
Daniel Kim wrote:

A telus sim card will not work on koodo's network. Also which carrier are you getting the S2x fro...

My understanding was she's with Telus, wants to buy a Koodo S2X and use it with Telus.
Daniel Kim wrote:

A telus sim card will not work on koodo's network. Also which carrier are you getting the S2x fro...

yes thats what i mean! 😛
Userlevel 5
Daniel Kim wrote:

Chad's got the best answer for you. Some people have had luck going to Telus with the S II some have not. Only phones that will work for sure are the iPhones, anything else is hit or miss.
If you have a network free Samsung S2x phone means,you will be able to use your Telus sim card.Network locked phone means,you will need to unlock it.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.simpleunlocking.com/samsung-galaxy-s2x-4g/rs5wp9/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mathewjohn wrote:

If you have a network free Samsung S2x phone means,you will be able to use your Telus sim card.Ne...

Nope.