Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will Koodo drop the Nexus price to again soon???

I cant afford the $500 Nexus 5, but I can afford the $400 Nexus...

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always get it from the Google Play store. But it is unknown when Koodo will change their prices. You just have to keep an eye on their website
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They do have the Nexus 4 which is only $300 or $0 on a medium Tab, so you'd be to afford that 🙂
Userlevel 1
Get it from Google Play... the price on here is ridiculous.
Userlevel 7
mamemame187 wrote:

It's the same as the other 5 major carriers (and PC mobile), the difference is the flexibility on which Koodo offers for you to buy it or subsidize it.
Userlevel 1
mamemame187 wrote:

then the price everywhere is ridiculous. I feel bad for people who get it from here and don't know about Google Play's option.. you get 32 GB more for 100 dollars less than the 16 GB one sold here..
Userlevel 7
mamemame187 wrote:

Some people can't afford the upfront price and Canadians are used to getting phones for free or cheap on some type of subsidy.
Userlevel 5
mamemame187 wrote:

It's pretty simple. Google sells them for a loss or very little profit online to those willing to buy outright. Google sells them to the carriers for a higher profit for those who want contracts. The carriers aren't gonna eat the loss just to match the play store prices.
Userlevel 7
mamemame187 wrote:

I don't understand where that idea is coming from. An iPhone 5S costs around 200 USD to manufacture over in China, maybe less. There's no way in God's green earth that a Nexus 5 using less premium materials costs Google 300+ to manufacture. The margin might be lower, yes, but it just serves to expose how overpriced Apple products are when they can be sold unsubsidized just like Google does.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mamemame187 wrote:

That's just materials that go into building a device everyone forgets the Labour costs of building the device the design costs or creating a device the testing the building and upgrading of software and marketing and more, company's don't make as much as some ppl think off of a device.