Koodo Community

Community

Will Jelly Phone work with Koodo?

Hi,
I am looking to buy the Jelly Phone on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/jelly-the-smallest-4g-smartphone/faqs) and was wondering if it would work with Koodo.

The FAQ of the Jelly Phone mentions the following :

GSM: 850(Band5)/900(Band8)/1800(Band3)/1900(Band2) MHz 
WCDMA: 850(Band5)/900(Band8)/1900(Band2)/2100(Band1) MHz 
FDD-LTE:Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/19/20/ 
TD-LTE:Band 40

Thank you for your time. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Raphael, yes it will work on Koodo's network.
Userlevel 6
It will work, but why not go into a Koodo shop and get a phone from a more established manufacturer such as Apple, Samsung, or LG?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

It will work, but why not go into a Koodo shop and get a phone from a more established manufactur...

Its the "worlds smallest phone" and for only $59 it would be something neat to try out of thats the kind of phone you are looking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

It will work, but why not go into a Koodo shop and get a phone from a more established manufactur...

Wierd thing is that there was just another post last week on here of someone asking about a different phone that claimed to be the world's smallest phone so really chances are your not getting the world's smallest phone anyways so if that's the reason for wanting it idk if you can really claim it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

They claim its the world smallest 4g phone so thats probably how they justify it. Who knows!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

That's true, it could very well be that.... Good thinking
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

You could place 3 of those side-by-side and not cover my current phone. It's REALLY small by comparison with today's flagships!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Is there something wrong with opting for a less 'established' brand? All established brands have to start somewhere, and quality budget to mid range phones are sorely lacking from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Why will someone want a small phone!? 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

I've been told that it's not the size that matters...
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

Sometimes people want to use smaller phones. There's certainly a niche market for it. Back when LTE was new and not everyone had LTE phones, although I found smartphones useful, I just didn't feel like they were as useful as they are today, and preferred a smaller phone that'd fit better in my hand. Consider that phones were a fair bit thicker back then. Now that phones are substantially thinner (probably at least 30-40% thinner compared to five years back), I'm much happier with a bigger phone.
I can't blame those for wanting a smaller phone, for many people it makes it easier to text.