Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be charged for sending picture messages?

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Ace II X and a new sim card to go with it. Now, my plan says I have unlimited text and picture messages, but i do NOT have a data plan, nor can i afford to get one as of right now. My 'mobile data' is not enabled and I wanted to know that if i enable it to send pictures, will it cost me?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
The data used for picture messaging is not chargeable, HOWEVER, the phone will still check the internet for updates whoch may result in a small charge on the bill of about $5 as the current plans automatically come with a data saver function. What you can do is go into ACCOUNTS and SYNC in the SETTINGS of your phone. Turn the Background Data off so any account you have set up like gmail or whatever.
So i'm guessing that either way i have to turn on Mobile data to send a recieve picture messages right?
Userlevel 4
Hailey G wrote:

So i'm guessing that either way i have to turn on Mobile data to send a recieve picture messages ...

That is correct. I have editted my previous post if you want to read that over again 🙂
Hailey G wrote:

So i'm guessing that either way i have to turn on Mobile data to send a recieve picture messages ...

Thank you so much!
Userlevel 4
Hailey G wrote:

You are very welcome 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey G wrote:

You can also alter the apn settings to reduce the chance of anything else using data to almost nothing: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2