Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be approved with no credit!?

I have no credit and have only had my credit card for about a week now... I'm not looking to sign a contract I'm looking for a monthly plan ($35 one to be exact), and I'm an 18 year old college kid, will I get approved? I mean what 18 year old even has good credit!? Will I be put on a spending lock or will they just send me waking 😞

4 replies

Userlevel 7
To be honest you'll actually have a decent chance of getting approved. It's better to have little history than a damaged one. However, we can't predict what the result will be. The only thing you can do is try activating at a store nearby.
Jonathan I wrote:

To be honest you'll actually have a decent chance of getting approved. It's better to have little...

Thanks Jon!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Most likely with no credit history to speak of you will be approved with a $200 spending cap on the account, meaning that if your cureent balance owing ever goes over $200 service will be immediayely suspended. (you still need to pay your full bill every month). I'm not sure how the credit limit affects how you can finance phones since the changes in the tab though.
Thanks 🙂