Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will FB Messenger update EVER actually FINISH updating?!

Facebook Messenger update has been running on my Samsung Galaxy for 2 hours, with no signs of finishing... and this is the 2nd time it's updated in the past few weeks! How the heck long does it take for the update to run?! The update is slowing everything else down, and I am totally frustrated. I'm ready to delete FB Messenger altogether, frankly. The bubbles annoy me, and I haven't found it any better than any other messaging. This is just getting really, really old! Has anybody experienced frequent Messenger updates with way-too-long running times??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
you can stop the update uninstall facebook Messenger then reinstall facebook Messenger. You can also turn off the stupid bubbles. all you have to do is click the little gear icon top right of your list of conversations turn heads off.
The update finished about 30 minutes ago... I don't understand why it updates so OFTEN. V frustrating. And I think I'm gonna lose those bubbles.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bobbi Zahra wrote:

The update finished about 30 minutes ago... I don't understand why it updates so OFTEN. V frus...

It updates to bring new features and fix bugs with the app. If you don't want to update then don't update it. If you find it not running properly then check for an update and update it then if you want.