Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will an Asus Zenfone 3 Laser model # ZC551KL work with Koodo???

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
www.willmyphonework.net
I checked that site and this particular model number is not listed but it is on best buys canadian website and says it supports 4G: FDD-LTE 700(B17)/700(B28)/850(B5)/900(B8)/1700(B4)/1800(B3)/1900(B2)/2100(B1)/2600
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CandaceWhite wrote:

I checked that site and this particular model number is not listed but it is on best buys canadia...

From what I found via Google. It should work just fine with major Canadian carriers. So u should be good to go.
Userlevel 7
CandaceWhite wrote:

I checked that site and this particular model number is not listed but it is on best buys canadia...

According to gsm arena.com, while you'll have service in the 3g bands, the device lacks LTE band 4 so no LTE for you. That may not be a deal breaker as 3G data speeds are quite adequate for today's use. In the future LTE may be more important and at that time you may want to upgrade again. Your choice really.

Userlevel 6
CandaceWhite wrote:

gsmarena does not always list all the bands for different variants of the same model, which can be confusing. Even the ASUS website lists the bands only for the TW/JP/HK/PH version, for some reason.

Best Buy Canada and B&H Photo Video (US) both show the phone supports LTE band 4 which mean it will work on Canadian networks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CandaceWhite wrote:

In the long run, US providers are implementing VOLTE (voice over LTE) so that band might become more important some day since Canadian technology usually follows suit.
Thanks guys! 🙂
does zenfone 3 max will work QC Canada Koodo ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pascal Bérubé Porlier wrote:

does zenfone 3 max will work QC Canada Koodo ?

Check it out here: www.willmyphonework.net
Models ZC520TL & ZC520TL will work with LTE, the rest will work with 3G.