Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will a telus Samsung s4 work on the koodo network

I have seen in the faq that only the iphones are interchangeable between telus and koodo. Is the Samsung S4 interchangeable as well?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
The best advice I can give you is: try it It's amazing how many locked devices may work between koodo and telus without needing to be unlocked. If you visit a Koodo kiosk or retailer they can probably lend you a sim to try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Considering it is a second hand phone bring your SIM with you and try it before buying it.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

It's a crap shoot on devices other than iPhone and BlackBerry 10 devices. Saying yes it will work without further explanation may cause this user problems down the road.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

You might want to mention that the device may need to be unlocked.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

OK my page had not been refreshed. But still you didn't mention that in your first comment. Just "yes it will work"
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

And it may not work without unlocking it
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

How do you know his S4 will work without unlocking ? Some do. Some don't
Userlevel 5
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

What Chad is trying to say is that to his knowledge and to mine also, not ALL Telus Samsung Galaxy S4s will work with Koodo without unlocking. Yes, some of them do work without unlocking but to Chad's, as well as my knowledge, some of them don't as well, which is why he was reinforcing the idea of including, "hey but it may not work without unlocking, so try it out first, then unlock later if it doesn't work". Where did you find the information that ALL Samsung Galaxy S4s (Telus) work with Koodo without unlocking? The only Telus device that works with Koodo without unlocking 100% are iPhones, so it would be great to see where you get your information sources from.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

Koodo reps have stated themselves that the telus locked iphones will function with Koodo without needing to be unlocked. No.one is talking about the low end devices you mentioned except you. Since finding data on EVERY single phone anyone ever tried would be impossible it'd be hard for anyone to say you were wrong. But to make a blanket statement based on your experience with a few devices is irresponsible. I think all I'm saying here is leave the door open so people don't get upset. Protect yourself for the possibility you might be incorrect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

We get our information right from the source: from Koodo via our special liaison private group. They stated that all Telus iPhones work with Koodo. They have not stated the same about Android phones.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

How can you know what phone I've heard or not heard? It's assumption that if a few work then they all do. It's simply not true and it leaves the OP thinking less of your advice and of the community in general if the information they get proves wrong.
Userlevel 7
TELUS Customer wrote:

Yes, it will work.

Unless it ways BlackBerry or HTC on it, no tks