Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will a Telus locked phone work on the Koodo Network?

Userlevel 1
I have a Nexus 5. According to the IMEI check, the phone will work on the Koodo Network. What I need to know is this. It is a LOCKED TELUS phone. Will I need to UNLOCK it in order for it to work on the Koodo Network? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The nexus 5 is an unlocked device anyways so no worries it will work on koodo.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

NP enjoy your time with koodo, have a great holiday flyersfan
Userlevel 2
Nexus 5 is always unlocked even if you got it from carriers. Plug your SIM and you are good to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

Nexus 5 is always unlocked even if you got it from carriers. Plug your SIM and you are good to go.

Thanks no need to copy the answer I gave nearly 24 hours ago when the issue was resolved.
Userlevel 2
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

I just looked at his question and provided an answer. You mean I must copy yours if I gave the same or similar answer? Come on...This is a forum. It is free to talk and help others. Not only you have the knowledge.
Userlevel 5
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

Thank you very much for your support Papaxiong Boots!

However, please avoid duplicate answers to keep things clear and uncluttered for everyone 🙂. If you need more info about our guidelines, please click here: http://koo.do/guidelines123.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Papaxiong Boots wrote:

LOL Thanks a lot, Nabil.  Will do.
Userlevel 1
OK, Gentlemen. Round Two. Does a LOCKED Samsung Galaxy Note 2, currently on a Telus plan, need to be UN-LOCKED to work on the Koodo Network? 
Userlevel 5
No,  should work fine on Koodo.