Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will a OnePlus 3 work on the koodo network?

I'm wondering if the OnePlus 3 will work on the Koodo network. I believe the network is CDMA based, and the 3 only supports GSM but I could be wrong. It has all the 3g/LTE bands, but would it work for calls and/or sms?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Get the North American model and you will be golden. If not, you will be stuck to the 3G network, but they will all work.

http://puu.sh/pSV0N/34c669f987.png
Mathieu wrote:

Get the North American model and you will be golden. If not, you will be stuck to the 3G network,...

It says it does not support 2g tho, would that be a problem? Thanks for the quick reply btw
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Get the North American model and you will be golden. If not, you will be stuck to the 3G network,...

Koodo does not operate a 2G network
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Koodo doesn't have 2g an the CDMA network is a legacy one being shutdown. You're fine.
Mathieu wrote:

Ok thanks for the help
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

I'm just curious, what is it about the device that has you wanting it?
Mathieu wrote:

The fact that it's 400-500$ cheaper than a galaxy s7 edge. It's almost the same phone, but i'm skeptical that the phone might have problems in the long run
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

The first two have had serious quality control concerns and update issues and bad warranty track records so that's held a lot of people back. Reviews have been saying that build quality is top par but I feel it best to wait to see if third time really is the charm unless you're content to try it for 519 plus tax.
Mathieu wrote:

Good idea, I'll probably hold of for a couple months to see the next nexus. I'm coming from a iPhone 5S and want to try out the Android side now. lol