Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wifi not working

Hello, I just purchased a new phone with you and for some reason my wifi at my house is not working it keeps saying searching for ip address...

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... Are you sure you entered the right password??? usually when it keeps searching is cause the password is not the right one... You may also try to power cycle your phone, it may not solve the issue, but does not hurt anyone trying!!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... Are you sure you entered the right password??? usually when it keeps searching is cau...

BTW, What kind of phone is it?
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... Are you sure you entered the right password??? usually when it keeps searching is cau...

Its the Samsung S2, Im not good at this tech stuff! Iam not sure if the password is right... my hubby cant remember it... oh dear!
Is your wifi a standard setup? Due to an odd issue here I use a custom setup that requires me to enter in a static IP and connection information. If you have other devices that connect automatically, it shouldn't be a problem. Does your phone connect to any other wifi networks? A friend's, coffee shop, etc?
I think it is I have never had any problems connecting anything else- I just got this phone so I havent had a chance to try it anywhere else
Melonie Christie wrote:

I think it is I have never had any problems connecting anything else- I just got this phone so I ...

You might have to reset your router and then set if back up if you've forgotten your password. Especially if you don't have any other devices that use Wifi to test connection passwords with, or whether wifi is working off your router at all. If you can get into your router setup (see your manual) you can reset your wifi password easy enough to make sure you know what it is.
Melonie Christie wrote:

I think it is I have never had any problems connecting anything else- I just got this phone so I ...

okay thanks!!
Melonie Christie wrote:

No problem! That's what we're here for. If you have further questions, or hit any snags, post your problems here and we'll do our best to help! 🙂
Try to restart the WIFI router, I had similar problems sometimes, but that is becasue the Router itself refuses new connections, I was having this resolved by restarting the router itself.
Userlevel 1
Issa Barmawi wrote:

Try to restart the WIFI router, I had similar problems sometimes, but that is becasue the Router ...

won't work if she doesn't remember the password 😛